The Top of the World: Evening at Everest

Great job! amazing scenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Gorgeous view, it's never occurred to me to try actually (well, in a sim anyway) landing at that airport. The mechanics of landing on such a screwball runway, with a missed-approach procedure of "make a very impressive fireball"... I'm gonna try it on something a little slower at first!

That is Lukla - access to the Mount Everest climbers' base camp. Great fun to fly in and out of at about 10,000 feet.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

All for God's sakes. It's right there in the caption of your vid! LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing%E2%80%93Hillary_Airport

4YiOpoC.jpg

L8gp1xE.jpg

Looks like I can't fly my F-22 into there. I need at least 3,000 feet of runway. And it looks like I need to update this airport as by default in FSX it has no parking.

I'm on another trip around the world, and I think when I get to Nepal I'll fly into Katmandu and then from there take a King Air over there or something. Looks like VNLK is about 20NM from Everest.

Archived