installing my fsx deluxe edition into a new computor

kwash55

It suddenly occurred to me that should somthing go wrong with my present computor , ( It has The MSFS X Deluxe edition installed on it) How would I be able to install the FSX DVD discs into any new computor that I purchased to replace it?? Unlike MSFS editon #4 which required a disk always be in the drive , The MSFS X deluxe DVD package has a product key that prevents the package from being downloaded into a second computor . If I try to install it in the new computor its my understanding that Microsoft will show the DVD Product key in thier data base and see it as a violation of thier product agreement and block it from being used again. My understanding is that it can be used on a second computor ( I think ) but only if it has been UNINSTALLED from the first computor ? ) The problem with that is if your first computor dies on you its doubtful if you can access it to uninstall it from the bad computor ? I cant seem to find a clear explanation of how to properly and successfully load the FSX DVD a second time .

Any helpful ideas would be appreciated

thanks Kent Washburn RT pilot and longtime user of MSFS

When I built (2015) my current machine with Win7 as the primary OS, I reinstalled my original FSX Deluxe. When FSX-SE became available I installed it in my Win10 OS. When the day comes that I actually migrate to Win10 permanently, my 'new' version of FSX will be waiting for me. Activation in any subsequent machine becomes a non-issue. I also have 2 versions of P3d (v2 and v3) so all 4 sims can essentially share the same scenery collection. Future progress is greatly facilitated.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

• 3 months later...
Just got my new DVD of deluxe and installed it on a newer Lap top as well....... I want to install some addons like Weather, Scenery etc to get the eye candy rolling then move into planes... When I install Airport Design Editor and auto find the folders it found the FS Main Folder but does not find the bglComp & ShpVec Folders. Said I needed SP2 so I down loaded and ran it now i get You must have the Flight Simulator X SDK SP1A before installing SP2..... Any Ideas on where i can get SP1 ? THANKS !
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

Thanks ! I actually searched for it here before asking.... Rookie alert ! I appreciate it !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.