Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: Review: Carenado - Fokker F50

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: Carenado - Fokker F50

2. Default

Too expensive.

Thanks for the review. As you say the FMS is rather simplified and I find it struggles to cope with waypoint changes, often missing them. This may be because it flies offset from the magenta line, so might never get close enough the waypoint to change leg. There are a lot of small things wrong with the F50. I reported a long list of issues back in March but Carenado don't seem interested in supporting the product. The most annoying thing for me is the night lighting. On the main panel there is only floodlighting. If you turn that off you lose the instrument lighting too, very unrealistic. There is no dimming on the main panel either, yet the overhead panel has it.

On page 3 of the review you say you couldn't find a way to manually adjust the IAS for autopilot IAS hold mode. The IAS can be changed using the Pitch INC/DEC wheel on the AP control panel on the pedestal. The same control as is used to adjust VS in VS mode.

Cheers,

Kevin

It's a nice plane to fly and to look at. I don't notice any major FPS issues with all the extra eye candy but there are lite versions for those who are FPS conscious. Superb for those regional flights.

5. Default

Could not take off with this aircraft in other words never came close to V1 even at full power.

6. Default Overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by gt401964 View Post
    Too expensive.

Have to strongly agree. As with most add-ons this is overpriced. No value here. Price sells. Why not sell more for a reasonable price as opposed to a few way over priced.

Totally agree with the elevated price comments. I can afford it, but will no longer support it. Literally, hundreds of dollars of poorly designed FSX products residing on my computer. No more.

Try this again. FSX prices are getting too expensive.

9. Default Poor values

Quote Originally Posted by smokin View Post
    Totally agree with the elevated price comments. I can afford it, but will no longer support it. Literally, hundreds of dollars of poorly designed FSX products residing on my computer. No more.

Smokin I'm the same as you. I can afford all the add-ons my heart desires but no more of these over priced aircraft. I'm done getting bent over just to get another one. Hope these developers are listening...PRICE SELLS!

Thank you. It is a very nice Fokker 50 to fly. The very best Fokker 50 I have ever flown. The FMC is bad. But when you use Aivlasoft you can fly the flight plans reasonable with the FMC.
    ELBU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast