Metal2mesh Mirage 2000 prototypes repaints and texture ports

saibot_20194

hello guys, today I have made some new textures for the fsx metal2mesh mirage 2000, it took me all day ;) so here I made two prototypes skin textures, the mirage 2000-04 from 1980 grey version and the blue camo ver. Also, I've made some ports from the dcs forums like the prototype mirage 2000-01 shown in early 1978, tell me what you think?20181220013602_1.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]20664420181220094032_1.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]206647 grey ver [/ATTACH]20181219213603_1.jpg20181219213741_1.jpg20181219213904_1.jpg20181219213952_1.jpg20181219001417_1.jpg

20181220100430_1.jpg

20181220100038_1.jpg

20181220100511_1.jpg

They look great! I like the blue camo paint. There is such a paint for the default fa18 too. (Omars Blue).

I installed that and spent some time once editing it a bit further.

Also the mirage aircraft itself looks good. Thinking of buying early next year. I thought I didn't like twin engine fighter jets, but with the rounded inlet it's much more palatable!

Btw, learned something here. As a kid I saw a fighter once flying over that I didn't recognise. Someone told me it was a mirage.

I saw the same model several more times later. And thought/assumed 'mirage!' each time.

But, those planes had canards! (And your mirage aircraft clearly doesn't.:) )

I looked up 'fighters with canards' just now, and only now do I realise all those planes I saw must have been Dassault Rafale aircraft. I remember them having very mean look.

Glad I know now. Thanks for jogging me to look that up!

Happy Flights,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They look great! I like the blue camo paint. There is such a paint for the default fa18 too. (Omars Blue).

I installed that and spent some time once editing it a bit further.

Also the mirage aircraft itself looks good. Thinking of buying early next year. I thought I didn't like twin engine fighter jets, but with the rounded inlet it's much more palatable!

Btw, learned something here. As a kid I saw a fighter once flying over that I didn't recognise. Someone told me it was a mirage.

I saw the same model several more times later. And thought/assumed 'mirage!' each time.

But, those planes had canards! (And your mirage aircraft clearly doesn't.:) )

I looked up 'fighters with canards' just now, and only now do I realise all those planes I saw must have been Dassault Rafale aircraft. I remember them having very mean look.

Glad I know now. Thanks for jogging me to look that up!

Happy Flights,

il.

thank you very much i'm releasing those right now for free, yes in deed is not easy to tweak these textures because I don't have photoshop right now I have paint.net is a little bit more difficult but well it makes the job.. Ohh man interesting story about the Dassault Rafale!!!:p well in my coutry we had the mirage 3 & 5 and I remeber when I was a kid seeing those planes passing by in Mach 1.5 in the sky, they looked pretty awesome they were so fast I was able to see them for seconds just a couple of blinks man!!! and they where gone and the sound was amazing omg I loved those airplanes, now they are obsolete. :'( In other words, thank you very much for the reply, you should get the metal2mesh mirage is great simulation. Now here are the links for the airplanes enjoy

https://mega.nz/#!MYgk3Cgb!pzmxpVw2pH0suqtRX-IzK1C92wSwqhnBGJsmzuZ1NjY

https://mega.nz/#!QFgklCLB!Ka9ORlq5yy8WwaeB-LmwBbcbf8qaXCZ5PhW63Z2JKwU

20181221201457_1.jpg20181221170015_1.jpg20181221214546_1.jpg20181220001023_1.jpg

Thanks! I downloaded them right away.

There was a slight oversight with your uploaded: Texture.mirage prototype 2000-04 ''grey''.rar -file.

It only contains the readme.txt and not the texture folder.

The blue version was complete though as far as I could see.

It's .zip file contained a texture folder with two .dds files, a texture.cfg file, and a thumbnail. Readme.txt was included in the .zip file also.

Nice to hear you enjoyed the jets that much.

The Rafales I saw were all flying high, so that gave some time to view them. (Though the canards made them look fast anyway.:))

I did recently have a Apache helicopter passing low overhead. While I was walking through a forest it suddenly flew over skimming the treetops. Man that went by fast. It snuck up on me, it wasn't very loud when approaching. (Maybe because it was flying fast). Too fast to recognise at the time. It took me a few minutes to realise what it must have been. It was armed to the hilt. They look dainty on tv, but in real life up close they make you want to dive into the nearest rabbit hole!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks! I downloaded them right away.

There was a slight oversight with your uploaded: Texture.mirage prototype 2000-04 ''grey''.rar -file.

It only contains the readme.txt and not the texture folder.

The blue version was complete though as far as I could see.

It's .zip file contained a texture folder with two .dds files, a texture.cfg file, and a thumbnail. Readme.txt was included in the .zip file also.

Nice to hear you enjoyed the jets that much.

The Rafales I saw were all flying high, so that gave some time to view them. (Though the canards made them look fast anyway.:))

I did recently have a Apache helicopter passing low overhead. While I was walking through a forest it suddenly flew over skimming the treetops. Man that went by fast. It snuck up on me, it wasn't very loud. Too fast to recognise at the time. It took me a few minutes to realise what it must have been. It was armed to the hilt. They look dainty on tv, but in real life up close they make you want to dive into the nearest rabbit hole!

you're welcome my friend have fun, sorry about that I fixed the link, thanks again for letting me know https://mega.nz/#!YAJ0TApb!J6yL3Fw-pwbLvofDa662c3BMuPZg7y9uagSMy_byJCU nevertheless, about the Apache they are pretty awesome helicopters and very deadly I have seen videos and is pretty awesome, here some extra photos from the Mirage 2000 prototype enjoy!:)20181221201839_1.jpg 20181221201851_1.jpg

I've updated both textures , the changelog would be a little retexture on the ring of the exaust of the airplane I painted it in blue on both airplanes like the prototypes, here are the updated links: https://mega.nz/#!NYQmFAgB!G6Cnesz-yYQ2wmasNSo--pdfsLUSaaNstx3eNeqHvZ0

https://mega.nz/#!NY43yaTD!S6qEcCultkLYH36pmNx2mppU_mjvVRJcYi6l_HoH9ek

sorry for the double post. 20181222122415_1.jpg20181222123031_1.jpg

Thanks, both downloaded and both archives were complete. Paint and readme.

I will not buy the Mirage just yet. Maybe next year.

I think I will try out some freeware versions first to see how I like the plane and how often I actually use it. Maybe a freeware Rafale as well. (After Hibernating:))

Happy Seasonings,:D

il

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

another update! 20181222195745_1.jpg20181223145223_1.jpg i've restore the old original m53 Snecma engine logo this was an difficult one guys I couldn't find any image sources of the sticker image so I finally found an image of the plane in a museum and they took a photo of the tail where the logo is located but it was very blurry so I've restored it, and again another update on the plane. In other words, I'm planning to release the other Mirage prototypes but I still tweaking and doing changes so I will let you know for other updates:), here are the updated links: https://mega.nz/#!Jd5hjArK!IEiX_Tf0YYOn5SVmsas0YV_Zy4U8WzfryoM-ptBqxcM https://mega.nz/#!MYxR0IoB!jxpz_R12vOh_wRCOBQJkiKcHPJFP5e4NkJd2oU0tewA

il88pp, thank you but no worries man there's no hurry on that is just a great simulation but is better on dcs though! hehe.

Archived