Opinions about Trackhat

HPR7 mad

Hi all,

I am looking to buy the "TrackHat clip plus wireless head tracking kit" and have read various

reviews, which seem generally favorable. I am aware that "Track IR" is the "go to" head tracking

kit, but TrackHat is about half the price!

I just wondered if any of you guys have used TrackHat, and if so, what your opinions of it are

before I take the plunge and get another duff xmas present:o,

Thanks in advance, and merry xmas to you all.

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

Works very well, just as well as TrackIR, but I find it a little bit bulky. Also, (probably partly because of its bulk) I find it difficult to fix securely to my Plantronics Gamecom headset, though many users seem to find no problem with fixing securely to other headsets. If the bulk doesn't worry you, I'd say it's a good buy.

Dugald

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dugald

Thanks for the info, I will go ahead and give it a try, the reviews all seem to be positve,

but I will probably go for the wireless trackhat, so that I dont have to worry about a

headset,

cheers

Richard

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

Hi Richard,

I've had the hat for a few months now, and I can't remember the last time I went back to the clip. I find the hat less intrusive, and I can easily wear my headset over it when I want to (though my preference may be partly because my first head tracker was a TrackIR 3 with a hat). I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dugald

Hi Dugald,

Thanks for that, will defo go for the hat, as you say it does seem to be less intrusive,

will let you know how I get I on,

cheers

Richard

Archived