TOGA to release ENVTEX for fs9 for free

HornetAircraft

• 1 month later...
Does this work with or replace REX or ASE? Also GEPro i use that as well.
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Malwarebytes identified ENVTEX for FS9 as ransomware and removed it. Hope it is what they call a 'false positive' but I'm now hesitant to use it.
i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

Malwarebytes identified ENVTEX for FS9 as ransomware and removed it. Hope it is what they call a 'false positive' but I'm now hesitant to use it.

It would be fine. Anti virus programs jump at anything that doesn't have a user base of millions of users.

I haven't installed it yet so guessing, but regarding the other questions, it appears to be very much another REX without the real time weather. You can change the textures you want to change and leave the rest as is I would say. Don't see a reason you could not use it with any other add-on. I'll certainly install and check it out next few days. Should be a great add-on to just give your FS9 a different look and a change when you want change. These sort of add-ons keep FS9 fresh and always give us something new to look at and play with.

There is a video which looks quite extensive on it here. I haven't watched the video either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4YxRP_PjU4

Mark Daniels

I'm using Howard's TNW2019 & would like to compare?

Maybe I'll create a separate Scenery & Texture file & use the Scenery library to select each to check out.

Maybe that will work?

I've just installed and looking through it. Looks pretty much like I said last post. It can backup your existing textures if you want to restore, you then apply Envtex textures. By the screen below, you can see appears you just switch textures you want applied on, those you don't want applied off. Lots of options. If you just want a new moon for example, turn everything off and leave only moon set to on. You don't like the moon, restore the backup. Simple. I'm guessing this is how it all works and be very surprised if it didn't.

Envtex.jpg

Mark Daniels

Ok, I've loaded my sim up with all textures except the Envmap. I'll try a flight tomorrow to see how they all look and what I like and don't like. I've hated every grass texture I've ever tried so I loaded Envtex grass up to try theirs. I really like the sky choices they created, exactly what I was looking for to make my touring the world a simple decision in regards to sky textures. You can choose seasonal sky textures or region specific sky textures, that's pretty cool beans if I do say so.

All looks great but ultimately, it all boils down to how good the textures look in FS. Be a fun next flight!

You can use this program with other add-ons no worries btw.

Mark Daniels

Sascha, now that you mentioned it, will it have some issues with FS9 Evo?

I'll reply to myself: the author developed FE9G with FS9Evo in mind, so I can assume Envtex for FS9 is also fully compatible with FS9 Evo. Anyway, I installed Envtex, but I have yet to check.

Reason: I'm still making post-processing utilities (ENB/SweetFX) work. Somehow I think Windows 10+ENB is a no go...

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

I'll reply to myself: the author developed FE9G with FS9Evo in mind, so I can assume Envtex for FS9 is also fully compatible with FS9 Evo. Anyway, I installed Envtex, but I have yet to check.

Reason: I'm still making post-processing utilities (ENB/SweetFX) work. Somehow I think Windows 10+ENB is a no go...

I'm using Envtex right now. It simply replaces the textures you want replaced and touches nothing else. If you want EVO but want a new cloud set, you can just apply the Envtex clouds and nothing else. You will have EVO but with Envtex clouds. If you don't like the Envtex clouds, you just restore through Envtex and you are now back to 100% EVO everything.

Envtex doesn't do global ground textures, environment only like a REX. Whatever you use for ground textures, they will never be touched. I was greatly looking forward to this when I first read the opening post and it's meeting expectations thus far. It will take many, many flights to evaluate all the various texture options but so far it looks sweet!

Mark Daniels

Guest Sascha66

You are right, it just replaces the files you want and can restore them too, but you can also restore manually as they are just copied into a folder you can specifiy. I've been using Maxime's sky textures since he released FE9G, so I look forward to exploring Envtex some more! Especially if there are regional options - but I like the random function too, will make each flight different!

Anyway, I installed Envtex, but I have yet to check.

I stopped trying post-processing work (at least I could keep the 1/2 refresh rate thing) and started flying: my dear! I'm finally seeing smooth horizons in my FS9 :O I'm amazed. With this and Evo, I'm now doubting why I'm spending so much money in FSX...

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Archived