Installed Aircraft listed in Windows Programs question.

ColR1948

When I go in Control Panel\Programs I see what programs are installed, I also see some aircraft I've installed too.

When I install them I always install to a folder on my desktop then edit out any unwanted stuff then transfer them to the FSX folder which is on a separate hard drive.

Are these aircraft there because I first installed them to the folder I created on my desktop, and is it safe to uninstall them from the Programs folder seeing as they now reside on a separate hard drive (D) not ©?

Col.

Yes it's safe to uninstall them from Programs, since you've already done it manually in effect.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Slight problem with that, I went to uninstall one aircraft and it defaulted to the AC in FSX on my D drive even though it is listed in the programs when I go in Control Panel\Programs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206591[/ATTACH]

Then DON'T delete the entries...

Can you manually edit the unwanted file's location in the "Uninstall from:" window?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's not needed to rid of your programs directory from the install programs. But you can use Ccleaner and delete the entry. I have a felling that the program installer is reading your registry key, and if so I wouldn't touch it otherwise you're gonna have problems.

And to keep it real simple....don't delete any aircraft from Control Panel/Programs that you currently have in your Sim and still want to use. I go through mine every so often and delete aircraft that I have installed and then deleted from the Sim.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have FSX on my D drive. No 'Program Files\FSX' folder on C drive either (bad bad bad!). What I do is make a folder (called 'X_Temp For Installs') under the main FSX folder. I extract all ziped files from download there. Then I fix, change, etc, and then move files (folders) to FSX\Simobjects\XXX folder. I might have some files under 'My Documents\Flt Sim Realted' folders (info, fsx cfg changes, sound, panels, etc) for archive and safe keeping in case my D drive goes. Keep it simple.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived