Surf animation displaying incorrectly - vertical

jring2

Seems I ran into this once before with FSX, but I couldn't find the post. For some reason the surf animation is now displaying vertical coming out of the water in my P3d V4. Anyone remember how this is resolved? Thanks in advance.

Image1.jpg

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Seems I ran into this once before with FSX, but I couldn't find the post. For some reason the surf animation is now displaying vertical coming out of the water in my P3d V4. Anyone remember how this is resolved? Thanks in advance.

It's one of severa; problems that have occurred because you've installed something for P3D not intended for P3D.

So. UNinstall the addon you should never have installed in the first place, or re-run the installation until you overwrite what you should never have overwritten in the first place.

Actually I only have one problem, mallcott, not several. I know the picture shows a lot of surf animations functioning improperly, which I suppose could make it seem like 'several problems', but each is not a separate problem. They are all the same single problem.

The only add-ons I installed prior to the problem were through ORBX which is supposed to install only for the proper sim (Big Bear and Real Earth Netherlands currently on sale) and the FSDreamTeam which updates every time it feels like it for its ensemble which updates any given Sim by type . At least so it says. Any idea which file is corrupted? Reinstalling P3d V4 is definitely not an option at this point. I do have a pristine original install file copy on a backup drive but don't want my replacing files indiscriminately to disable anything else. Hopefully someone can point me to the proper file?

I did find the FSX issue which again was a corrupted 'effects' file in an update for FSX AICarriers but in that case it was the ships wake that went vertical, and replacing the corrupted file fixed it.

Thanks in advance to anyone with the knowledge.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Thanks vgbaron! Right on and animations now proper!:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

• 1 year later...

Just go to ORBX\User Documents\Versions and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT.

Then run FTX Central, the libraries will show as not installed. Click on install product and the correct files will be replaced.

Source: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/138956-wave-effect-after-sa-land-class/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John