How To Slow Slew Speed?

LTCSZ

Are you using your joystick/yoke to make the plane move around slew mode, or are you using key commands?

If you're using the joystick, just be very gentle about how far off center you move it to make the plane move. The farther off center it is moved, the faster the plane moves.

If you have to, go into the joystick page of the settings and turn the sensitivity down. Say about 50%. Make sure the Null Zone is zero, or very close to. Of course, once you're where you want to go flying from, you need to go back and turn your sensitivity back up to what you normally fly with...

If you're using key commands to slew, just tap the chosen key. ONCE.

You'll be surprised how slow you can make planes slew.

Does this help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I always use the keyboard. Much slower and easier to control but, as stated, just hit key once for slowest speed.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to slow down the slew speed...I find it difficult to do really "pinpoint" positioning with the default settings...Thanks a lot!

Not only use the keys - the closer you zoom in from "top down view" at least ,the slower one key tap moves the plane. Rough position in top down view with joystick, then zoom down / i key taps to home in precisely.

. Of course, once you're where you want to go flying from, you need to go back and turn your sensitivity back up to what you normally fly with...

Pat☺

No need to, there are separate settings for normal and slew mode. Go to Options/Controls/Calibration/Flight Mode=Slew and lower the sensitivity settings. I have set mine to: sideways=2, fwd/back=30, rotate=10

Archived