Airport Background Polygons Worldwide "GONE?"

scottz

I am at my wits end for diagnosing this anomaly. So I have a question:

Is there an enhancement addon released in the last few years that may affect the display/effect of the ABxxxxxx.bgl files (Airport Background) to the extent that the polygons no longer display AND autogen scenery is now all over the aprons and runways? I've been coping with the issue for a while (creating new polygons and exclude files with SBuilder as I encouter them) however, recently I experimented an bounced around the entire globe to various default airports and can see that it is a global problem. I've searched the default scenery folders to confirm that all the AB files are present for the affected airports and through SBuilder can confirm that all the polygons are layered at "7" (for airport background/autogen exclude).

Furthermore, I have scanned the terrain.cfg files and all Airport background textures are flagged "autogen exclude =1" which according to documentation is correct.

I'm sure I installed something (which may make it impossible to track down) that has configured FS scenery to somehow "hide" this airport background polygons (thus creating autogen trees and buildings on top) but, I'm hoping for some suggestions as to hunting down the issue..... What can cause this?

A search on google has turned up only a couple instances reported by others but nothing resolved nor does it seem very likely it is a common issue (only response indicated a landclass file but, worldwide?)

If someone out there has experienced this and/or can recall what addon caused this please post. Any other suggestions are very welcome. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Oh no, I’ve done what everyone else does and brought up an old thread. Soz homies. :p

Anyway, I have the same issue. Mostly after using different world scenery textures. Sometime when I use different textures, the airport ground poly is missing at some airports and I get trees and houses either on or near the airport.

Anyone know why this happens? Or how to fix it? Any help appreciated

Strange, the Op, Scott, only made one post 2 years ago. But was last seen today here. Freaky!

Just a shot in the dark here because to me your problem sounds like a possible scenery layer priority issue in your scenery.cfg file.

Have you tried to (temporarily) replacie your now active scenery.cfg by an old backed up one, just to see if your issue changes ?

Good luck,

Hans

Are you disabling the original texture folder and replacing it with another of the same name, or are you just copying replacement textures into the existing folder?

There must be specific textures associated with the AB****.bgl polygons and maybe the replacement folder doesn't contain all the required textures.

I'm pretty sure you know this already -- I'm not patronising, just trying to understand what's happening -- but dragging a /Texture/ folder into /Scenery/World/ will just add or overwrite contents and leave unique files in place.

On the other hand, if you are renaming /Scenery/World/Texture/ to Scenery/World/Old/ and then dragging a new /Texture/ folder into place then there may be missing files.

D

It’s ok, I thought you were being condescending rather than patronising. :p

All jokes aside, I’m not pasting then overwriting the textures. I have several texture folders I use for variety or for specific regions. So I just rename the one I was using, like you said - texture.old - or whatever and copy the complete texture folded itself in the scenery/world part and then use that one.

I’ll have to check and try out some older texture folders if any work ok and narrow down what’s missing. Appreciate the help.