Multiple monitors FPS test

Kirk

I've been trying to balance my set up between good graphics, good frame rates, and overall the best experience I can get with my rig. I decided to run a few little tests and thought it might help someone in the future if I shared what I learned. This is using Prepar3d but I'm sure it's relevant to all simulators.

I have three 32" monitors at 1920x1080. I set the options to very low settings, and I tested with the aircraft at idle just sitting on the runway. It's hard to nail down the exact fps average as it changes so rapidly so I took the highest I could see and the lowest then averaged those.

With 1 monitor I get about 160 fps.

With 2 monitors I get about 120 fps.

With 3 monitors I get about 20 fps.

The drop between 2 and 3 monitors really surprised me. In my case I'm going to stick with a 2 monitor set up and see how high I can get the settings and maintain 20 fps (I can't see a difference at anything higher than 20 fps).

Here are my specs:

HP Omen Laptop

i7-7700Q

GTX 1050 Ti

8 Gb of RAM

I hope this helps someone at some point.

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Archived