How would this system do with FS9 and FSX (possibly XP-11 and P3D)

looking for thoughts on whether this would adequately run those sims as it looks like a lot of rig for the money. Thanks

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop

i know it will be an upgrade from my current system:

HP Pavilion DV7

... but by how much?

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Welp, your current laptop has a 2nd generation CPU and the new laptop has an 8th generation CPU, so it would most likely be an upgrade.

I personally don't game on a laptop though as they are not really meant for that, and if they are you need to speed some decent cash for one to have decent gaming ability.

I'm personally not too keen on HP laptops though. I'd look at a well reviewed and good Dell or ASUS gamer laptop. After all, you get what you pay for.

Is there a reason why you want a laptop for a Sim rather than the glory of a more poweful desktop with dual monitors? LOL

Is there a reason why you want a laptop for a Sim rather than the glory of a more poweful desktop with dual monitors? LOL

yes, I travel for work way more than I am home, so I like to take the laptop with me. Maybe someday when I retire I'll go the desktop route.

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Archived