TDS B787-9 as AI aircraft

LLBG1

Dear all,

Recently installed TDS B787-9 and wish to use it as an AI.

My question being the following: in the aircraft.cfg, the airplane title has more than 100 characters.

Traffic Tools software dosent accept more than 100 characters.

I am unaware of any TDS forum so I kindly seek for your valued advice.

Thanks,

Myrone

Dear all,

Recently installed TDS B787-9 and wish to use it as an AI.

My question being the following: in the aircraft.cfg, the airplane title has more than 100 characters.

Traffic Tools software dosent accept more than 100 characters.

I am unaware of any TDS forum so I kindly seek for your valued advice.

Thanks,

Myrone

Hi Myrone, the TDS airplane title is a copyright protection device and if you edit it the wings, undercarriage and other details will disappear. Try searching the Library for an AI 787, I found 40 of them here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=67988398

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Myrone,

I would like to add my little bit to Tim's reaction in advising that you should in general never use flyable aircraft as AI because their external textures are far too large, too many, too detailed and always unmipped, giving your graphics system a hard time in trying to render them every time such "AI" aircraft come into view. Stuttering and frame rate loss is almost always the result and is especially true when you have more of these "AIs" flying or taxiing around your flyable aircraft.

Hans

Thanks Hans,

I am aware of the impact "normal" acfts might have on my system.

Fortunately I have a powerful machine. I have some SWISS Boeing 777W with no

effect on sim, and unable to find any other B789's for EL AL than TDS.

I am trying to find a TDS forum/panel to get advice on how to shorten the title. Otherwise

maybe TrafficTools experts might be of help.

An interesting challenge, isnt it?

Myrone

Dear friends,

Can someone explain me step by step how to convert acft texture from .dds to

32bit DXT3 bmp? I downloaded dxtbmp program but went totally astray. Results

are scandaleous. Much appreciate your patience,

Myrone

• 2 years later...

Sorry this is NOT true ..

" in general never use flyable aircraft as AI because their external textures are far too large, too many, too detailed and always unmipped, giving your graphics system a hard time in trying to render them every time such "AI" aircraft come into view. Stuttering and frame rate loss is almost always the result and is especially true when you have more of these "AIs" flying or taxiing around your flyable aircraft."

I fly >200 in an 60 nm radius at 6 different airports.

MIA to PBI and whatever is between them.

Your System Config (I.E. FS9 on an SEPERATE HD / SSD, my FS9 is 495 GB), your HD (SSD) HW Layout /Installation is another factor.

Sorry , but that is the truth I never ever see any stuttering .

ALL my AI planes are the same for piloting in ILS, Autopilot environment.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

I also use some flyable as AI, one of the reasons is some AI types are not only low quality textures but also low quality aircraft as well.

My machine isn't a top gaming spec but I have never had any stutters, I do take out a few things from the flyable though like the VC, panel and unused textures.

Col.

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Downwind66 said:

East of the date? As you are facing north/south??? 

Never heard that one before!

East is least and West is best!  Old sextant navigation term.  Or East to the right and West to the left.  Just don't hold the map 90 degrees from normal!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

2 hours ago, mrzippy said:

East is least and West is best! 

This phrase is also used for selecting cruise altitudes: East = Odd thousands ( 3, 5, 27, 31, etc), West = Even thousands ( 4, 6, 28, 32, etc). IFR = X thousand feet (3,000, 15,000, 32,000, etc, VFR = X thousand plus 500 (3,5000, 12,5000, 17,500-max for VFR).

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.