Flying lessons? Really?

a0da1ee4-c6f5-11e6-a4d5-c8fe1e20bb7b.jpg Seriously, dude? C'mon, man! NEVER flown a day in your life, with EVERY successful AND intentional ditch landing, as to evade the cops waiting for you, which is super smart in and of itself. The ONLY thing to prepare for this was a Sporty's DVD which I had as well and then lost some wheres?.. Colton, PLEASE join this website, or whatever it is, so I can get your autograph. NOT many pilots impress me at all, {Skip Stewart, Giora Epstein Even, Kirby Chambliss} you better believe it,.. but c'mon guy! You embarrassed the FAA, FBI, or AOPA, or somebody, and they won't help? Is that it? You're a flippin' legend. I don't endorse criminal stuff , but this certainly isn't some run of the mill larceny by any stretch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I mean the lady in the cabin talking to the guy in Washington in the documentary. She's giving him a tour and stops in the kitchen looking for popcorn seeds, or something, and some kinda sign of you/someone , sleeping in her, or their, bed {?} I mean, the lady is straining to "prove" that someone has been in her cabin, and such, and the whole thing is flippin' hilarious!;)

I must say; the documentary was and isn't just informative, like I said already. It is one of the most entertaining things in a video format that I have ever seen or ever will see. I have so many questions, I don't know where to start. :pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This looks like a Cirrus to me. And that's what I heard Colton took to the Bahama's, NOT a Cessna as was mentioned in the initial Washington Times that I used to start this long overdue thread. An SR22 is a far cry from a cessna, and that includes the price. I think Brad Pitt's actress/wife Angelina Jolie HAS ONE? People on this forum, and EVERYWHERE ELSE, run their mouths about flight training, or their PPL, crosswind landing [LoL] experience, or whatever, .. and, when seeing the Harris-Moore compare these non-issues to the very very first flight, which actually was in a cessna, of someone who has not only NEVER BEEN IN ANY AIRCRAFT WHATSOEVER in his life but NEVER even had the advantage of some verbal or written instructions FROM ANYBODY, or forums like this place (not that that is necessarily a good thing), and the throngs of people, such as on this forum and elsewhere including me, that have some simulation software, peripheral devices, trial and error blunders, FS9, FS2002, FS2004, X-plane, whatever..., FOR YEARS, and then considering the Harris-Moore situation, without having the advantage of one single solitary minute of it. Not ever. Sorry, but I had and watched the Sporty's DVD. That doesn't count, or even come close to counting. I got off on this rant because it deserves a rant after watching and reading the bland news articles from Fox "news", Seattle, and such, about the work release, working for the lawyer and so forth, and the bland recap of the exploits which are UNPRECEDENTED IN HISTORY. So, back to the SR22, not to be confused with the drivers' insurance probation :rolleyes: but also and article on the airplane itself from one of the few pilots whom I respect about why he doesn't like it, and the results of fly-by-wire design approach, which reminds me of the integration of an AOA meter (why would anyone care about having that in this plane) .. in the Icon A4 and A5 private amphibious plane. In regards to the Cirrus, I guess I should call it quasi-fly-by-wire. I agree with the pilot who tested it out. It doesn't make sense to even have it. :confused: Anyways, I've just started. And later, that will be my segue about Colton Harris-Moore's segue from the plain cessna four banger, to the Cirrus. The thing where I missed the boat, pun intended, is I thought ya ditched off shore in the Bahamas. I say this this picture is correct, but I thought it was off shore within wading distance, like I said. Anyways, it's obviously not a cessna top wing four banger, like in the OP - Seattle Times account I started.

the-bahamasewrqw-038.jpg

bahamas_370x278.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously, dude? C'mon, man! NEVER flown a day in your life, with EVERY successful AND intentional ditch landing, as to evade the cops waiting for you, which is super smart in and of itself.

I still don't know what you are talking about. At least in your initial post you might have mentioned whether you're talking about a movie, a TV show, a magazine article, or just making things up out of mid-air. Even combined with the title of this thread, it makes no sense.

After all, we're not all sitting here reading your mind.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks Larry, I also was wondering what I missed on this thread! I kept trying to scroll upwards, to find the "rest of the story," but the screen kept showing me that the top was indeed sitting on #1.

I guess we have to stay tuned for the rest of it? Right now, from what I can read, Slickrock must be talking to himself? Which, in itself, is okay to do!! Just don't start answering yourself! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Ahhhhh, I got it! I just did a google search for Colton Harris-Moore and I guess he is commonly referred to as the Barefoot Bandit. Never heard of this before, but I guess he started out as a young thief stealing aircraft and then ditching or crash landing them. I have to do some more reading on this one! Now he wants contributions to help him learn how to fly and possibly turn it into a new career! "Dream on Fred," it ain't gonna happen!

Sorry Slickrock, keep talking if you think you will get a response out of him!

I still don't know what you are talking about. At least in your initial post you might have mentioned whether you're talking about a movie, a TV show, a magazine article, or just making things up out of mid-air. Even combined with the title of this thread, it makes no sense.

After all, we're not all sitting here reading your mind.

+1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ahhhhh, I got it! I just did a google search for Colton Harris-Moore and I guess he is commonly referred to as the Barefoot Bandit.

No. You are seriously that ignorant concerning this legend of a pilot. He's done more on his first flight, than you or anyone you know, or any one that you will ever know, have ever done in their collective lives.

As a side note; I got your google search for you, dude. I did a search using a different search engine. I don't google. It says Colton Harris-Moore is a better pilot than you or anybody you know ever will be. Count on it. :pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't get the thread either, however I can tell you Cessna does indeed have a plane that looks like this. I saw it at the Indy airshow approximately 4-5 years ago . ( I was shocked when I saw it...... duh, um... cirrus..... um ..... lawsuit anyone? ) I don't recall what they named it.

Hey Slick......here is an aeronautical comment for you. No one gives a Flying F*** about this dood. :)
Umm, I don't really care, 666 mark of the beast or whatever freaky character you are. I just keep people informed. It's what I do. Is your freak picture there supposed to be scary, ..or..:confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow!, and thanks for the link. Apparently, and I hate to admit it, but AOPA confirms what you say. The "Seattle Times" and CNN couldn't get to the issue of the following point, but from AOPA:

"John Miller, a beer wholesaler, was working in his Bloomington, Indiana, warehouse on July 4, 2010, when he received a phone call from an unfamiliar number. “I didn’t recognize the area code,” said Miller, who let the call go into voice mail and listened to the message a few minutes later. “It was the Coast Guard from Miami and they said they’d received an ELT ping from my airplane. I thought, ‘It couldn’t be.’

“I immediately turned and drove to the airport to check my hangar, and lo and behold, the airplane was gone.” Miller’s 2008 Cessna Corvalis 400 TT was found crashed in a mangrove swamp beside Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas."

OK. So I'm gonna have to go back in my search at Orcas Island and look for a Cirrus which I thought was, or heard was, a Cessna top-winger rather than to the Bahamas, which I thought, or heard, was the SR22, then. :confused:

FLY0411_Cirrus3_1000x674_1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't worry about my name. Worry about the 2 times you have been reported to the mods. Maybe a new web site is more your style. :)

The first time you stuck your nose in my post, you say "No one gives a Flying F***", in reference to a national and internationally known news article I made on here, and you have the flippant gall to threaten me with your moderators, or whatever, after you make the flippant offensive remark on here, in regards to my post: "No one gives a Flying F***" {?}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So this picture, courtesy of CBS, is of the actual ignition key switch of the Cessna, or one of them, I guess, in Washington? As per CBS: "September 29, 2009 - Colton is suspected of stealing Pat Gardiner's Cessna from the tiny Bonners Ferry, Idaho, airport. Gardiner reports that his plane was started with a pry tool shoved into the ignition, most likely a screwdriver."

So now, I guess I'm gonna try and find out what general model. The usual cessna top-winger, or the Cessna 400 scottb613 provided the link to (?). Wow, I wouldn't even know how to go about stealing one plane.

ignition_key.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So this picture, courtesy of CBS, is of the actual ignition key switch of the Cessna, or one of them, I guess, in Washington?

Ok, then. I guess I'd better pay attention to my own news articles. A CESSNA IN IDAHO, not Washington. I guess he's past the Washington aero-crime spree then; at least at this point [of the ignition switch]. I guess I'll go back to Washington and find out more about that famous air adventure..:pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Umm, uh, maybe they know what I'm talking about? http://news.blogs.cnn.com/category/crime-2/barefoot-bandit/

OK, now I see where you're headed, though your description of him as a good pilot leaves a lot to be desired, even aside from his illegal activities. Perhaps he was lucky and has a certain natural aptitude, but that's not what makes a good pilot.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Perhaps he was lucky and has a certain natural aptitude, but that's not what makes a good pilot.

Actually, apparently unlike EVERYONE ON THIS ENTIRE FORUM, who has some sort of previous flying experience, unlike Colton Harris-Moore, I'm going to show you just how lacking in definition your statement there actually is. But there again, don't get me wrong. I know about him and still have failed to accurately follow his famous exploits. First, I'll start off on the "lucky" aspect of it. I hardly consider, and really I refuse to consider that the aspect of *luck^ is a sufficient concept, to put it mildly, to describe or relate to Colton Harris-Moore. Now, with that being said, I'm going to give you a post, by one of your experienced long term members on here who has a question concerning something that Harris-Moore, someone with absolutely no previous flying experience whatsoever, simulation or anything else, has ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. And, here is the post on this forum: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?314118-crash-plane-into-water-or-land

-- and thanks for your indulgence. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..and so apparently your link is confirmed by AOPA:

The show, along with private detective Paul Ciolino, tracked Harris-Moore’s escapades over a six-month period. 48 Hours Mystery and Peter Van Sant report exclusive details about Harris-Moore’s life on the run, as well as police questioning after his arrest. The show also reveals the contents of the backpack recovered after his arrest, in which authorities found sketches of airplanes, two photos from the fifth grade, and a Boy Scouts of America certificate--remnants of a more innocent time.

"Harris-Moore’s longest—and perhaps most daring—flight apparently was in a Cessna Corvalis 400 stolen from John Miller of Bloomington, Ind. 48 Hours Mystery wanted to find a Cessna 400 to shoot aerial scenes that would help illustrate the story, but locating a Corvalis proved challenging.

The first step was to call Mark Smith, a cameraman who has shot for the show for more than 20 years—and an instrument-rated pilot. Working with flight instructor Liz DeStaffany, who also flies out of Santa Monica, Calif., they found a Cessna 400—owned by Dick Rutan.

I have no doubt the cops couldn't catch him. I can't even accurately follow him or the planes he took given information on a computer well after the fact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived