Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flying lessons? Really?

1. Thumbs up Flying lessons? Really?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a0da1ee4-c6f5-11e6-a4d5-c8fe1e20bb7b.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	206536 Seriously, dude? C'mon, man! NEVER flown a day in your life, with EVERY successful AND intentional ditch landing, as to evade the cops waiting for you, which is super smart in and of itself. The ONLY thing to prepare for this was a Sporty's DVD which I had as well and then lost some wheres?.. Colton, PLEASE join this website, or whatever it is, so I can get your autograph. NOT many pilots impress me at all, {Skip Stewart, Giora Epstein Even, Kirby Chambliss} you better believe it,.. but c'mon guy! You embarrassed the FAA, FBI, or AOPA, or somebody, and they won't help? Is that it? You're a flippin' legend. I don't endorse criminal stuff , but this certainly isn't some run of the mill larceny by any stretch.

2. Default

I mean the lady in the cabin talking to the guy in Washington in the documentary. She's giving him a tour and stops in the kitchen looking for popcorn seeds, or something, and some kinda sign of you/someone , sleeping in her, or their, bed {?} I mean, the lady is straining to "prove" that someone has been in her cabin, and such, and the whole thing is flippin' hilarious!
    I must say; the documentary was and isn't just informative, like I said already. It is one of the most entertaining things in a video format that I have ever seen or ever will see. I have so many questions, I don't know where to start.

3. Default Let's get our planes srtraight.

This looks like a Cirrus to me. And that's what I heard Colton took to the Bahama's, NOT a Cessna as was mentioned in the initial Washington Times that I used to start this long overdue thread. An SR22 is a far cry from a cessna, and that includes the price. I think Brad Pitt's actress/wife Angelina Jolie HAS ONE? People on this forum, and EVERYWHERE ELSE, run their mouths about flight training, or their PPL, crosswind landing [LoL] experience, or whatever, .. and, when seeing the Harris-Moore compare these non-issues to the very very first flight, which actually was in a cessna, of someone who has not only NEVER BEEN IN ANY AIRCRAFT WHATSOEVER in his life but NEVER even had the advantage of some verbal or written instructions FROM ANYBODY, or forums like this place (not that that is necessarily a good thing), and the throngs of people, such as on this forum and elsewhere including me, that have some simulation software, peripheral devices, trial and error blunders, FS9, FS2002, FS2004, X-plane, whatever..., FOR YEARS, and then considering the Harris-Moore situation, without having the advantage of one single solitary minute of it. Not ever. Sorry, but I had and watched the Sporty's DVD. That doesn't count, or even come close to counting. I got off on this rant because it deserves a rant after watching and reading the bland news articles from Fox "news", Seattle, and such, about the work release, working for the lawyer and so forth, and the bland recap of the exploits which are UNPRECEDENTED IN HISTORY. So, back to the SR22, not to be confused with the drivers' insurance probation but also and article on the airplane itself from one of the few pilots whom I respect about why he doesn't like it, and the results of fly-by-wire design approach, which reminds me of the integration of an AOA meter (why would anyone care about having that in this plane) .. in the Icon A4 and A5 private amphibious plane. In regards to the Cirrus, I guess I should call it quasi-fly-by-wire. I agree with the pilot who tested it out. It doesn't make sense to even have it. Anyways, I've just started. And later, that will be my segue about Colton Harris-Moore's segue from the plain cessna four banger, to the Cirrus. The thing where I missed the boat, pun intended, is I thought ya ditched off shore in the Bahamas. I say this this picture is correct, but I thought it was off shore within wading distance, like I said. Anyways, it's obviously not a cessna top wing four banger, like in the OP - Seattle Times account I started.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-bahamasewrqw-038.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	206539

Name:  bahamas_370x278.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  26.8 KB

Last edited by Slickrock; 12-13-2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: pictures, spelling, etc.., etc..

Seriously, dude? C'mon, man! NEVER flown a day in your life, with EVERY successful AND intentional ditch landing, as to evade the cops waiting for you, which is super smart in and of itself.
    I still don't know what you are talking about. At least in your initial post you might have mentioned whether you're talking about a movie, a TV show, a magazine article, or just making things up out of mid-air. Even combined with the title of this thread, it makes no sense.

After all, we're not all sitting here reading your mind.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks Larry, I also was wondering what I missed on this thread! I kept trying to scroll upwards, to find the "rest of the story," but the screen kept showing me that the top was indeed sitting on #1.

I guess we have to stay tuned for the rest of it? Right now, from what I can read, Slickrock must be talking to himself? Which, in itself, is okay to do!! Just don't start answering yourself!

Rick

Ahhhhh, I got it! I just did a google search for Colton Harris-Moore and I guess he is commonly referred to as the Barefoot Bandit. Never heard of this before, but I guess he started out as a young thief stealing aircraft and then ditching or crash landing them. I have to do some more reading on this one! Now he wants contributions to help him learn how to fly and possibly turn it into a new career! "Dream on Fred," it ain't gonna happen!

Sorry Slickrock, keep talking if you think you will get a response out of him!
    Last edited by Downwind66; 12-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    I still don't know what you are talking about. At least in your initial post you might have mentioned whether you're talking about a movie, a TV show, a magazine article, or just making things up out of mid-air. Even combined with the title of this thread, it makes no sense.

After all, we're not all sitting here reading your mind.
    +1
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

8. Default He's better than you

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Ahhhhh, I got it! I just did a google search for Colton Harris-Moore and I guess he is commonly referred to as the Barefoot Bandit.
    No. You are seriously that ignorant concerning this legend of a pilot. He's done more on his first flight, than you or anyone you know, or any one that you will ever know, have ever done in their collective lives.
    As a side note; I got your google search for you, dude. I did a search using a different search engine. I don't google. It says Colton Harris-Moore is a better pilot than you or anybody you know ever will be. Count on it.

Hey Slick......here is an aeronautical comment for you. No one gives a Flying F*** about this dood.

double post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast