Zeppelin Staaken, German WW1 bomber (FSX)

peer01

The Zeppelin Staaken: a 4 engined biplane strategic German bomber with a 138 ft wing span (like a B-29). It had 4 direct driven engines in a tandem push-pull configuration. 2 mechanics were in flight seated between the engines in open niches (also animated in the virtual one), cut in the center of each nacelle. It needed a complicated 18-wheeled undercarriage. Each Staaken also needed a ground crew of 50 men. They did bomb London and Chelsea in the Uk and caused lots of damage in France and the Eastern front.

FSX Gold incl Acceleration

Freeware FS9 Zeppelin Staaken, I added the fsx Viking Vimy Panel

Freeware RAF Hawkinge in the UK

Freeware Drzewiecki Grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Here's a virtual one around RAF-Hawkinge (the best classic WW1 - WW-2 field in my sim)

Please click on the pics for a better view

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The landing in the reply*****

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What an impressive monstrosity Jan! I had never heard of this one before. You couldn't pay me enough to be a nacelle mechanic on one of those, especially in cold or foul weather. They must have been totally deaf after a short time in flight. Interesting quick change from landing gear to pontoons. Beautifully displayed as usual. :cool: :cool: :cool: :)

Larry

Love this plane, not all that dissimilar to the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets, impressive set of shots too. All it needs is a VC, some gauges. :rolleyes: hmmmm. One can even fit a G1000 set :cool: And the link, too, will it work with FSX?

Well done Jan.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you your Nobleness, it is always a pleasure to fly into Historic Floyd Bennett field, and use the same runways that other legendary pilots, besides myself, have used.

v1.jpg

fb1.jpg

Click on pics to enlarge.

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Hi Peer!

Somewhat late to answer :p Like another Robur the Conqueror plane, I also found that one albeit younger in time. From the French Campaign in 1940

farman1.jpg

The Farman 223.4 Jules Verne, belonging to the French Aéronavale. It was a converted mailplane, it was famed for bombing Berlin overnight June 7th-8th, 1940, a reply of France to the invasion

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived