Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Micro Stutters In 4.4?

Default Micro Stutters In 4.4?

I am using Version 4.4...About every 5 seconds I experience a "micro-stutter" lasting about 1 second...I have no addons nor have I applied any tweaks...Attached are two screen-shots of my settings...Any advice would be appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen 1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	206479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen 2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	206480  

Maybe lower your settings a touch (first save these settings so you can easily go back if you want to) and do a test flight. Like drop your resolution to 1920x1080 and pull your sliders to the left 1 step. I would also move Target FPS up to unlimited. I've heard setting an FPS target actually screws up FPS.

Anyway, try that and see if it gets rid of your stutters. Then, if it does, maybe reset one setting at a time to see if you can find the culprit.

That's what I would do anyway.

Good luck... keep us posted.
    Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

"I've heard setting an FPS target actually screws up FPS."

Not true. Set the FPS limit to 30.

And then get rid of unnecessary stuff running in the background, like Google, and trim your Windows to get rid of the crapware that MS wants you to have (in Win 10, that is primarily Cortana). We had a thread about this at L-M, and it was background processes that caused the issue.

If the issue continues, we'll need the system specs.

Jorgen

4. Default

Run Process Explorer, then see if something else is using the CPU. Idealy, if you have two screens it would work best.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer

Also, in your GPU settings, set the maximum pre-rendered frames to 2 or 3.

And yeah, always clamp your FPS to 25-30. Anymore and the CPU has to work harder and the eye can't see anything beyond 25 anyway.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 12-11-2018 at 01:48 AM.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Here's a thread from the other forum about targeting/unlimited frame rates. Someone is right and someone is wrong.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...framerate-why/

My suggestion was just that, a suggestion. If he changes the targeted FPS to unlimited to see if that helps, his computer isn't going to explode and burn down his house.

Jeez.
    Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Run Process Explorer, then see if something else is using the CPU. Idealy, if you have two screens it would work best.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer

Also, in your GPU settings, set the maximum pre-rendered frames to 2 or 3.

And yeah, always clamp your FPS to 25-30. Anymore and the CPU has to work harder and the eye can't see anything beyond 25 anyway.
    FPS in a computer game is NOT the same as clamping a frame rate and the eye can easily see up to 100 fps. What a load of rubbish to perpetuate. Something you read somewhere?

HOWEVER, there is some validity to limiting FPS to something akin what your computer can achieve. Set the the Average frame rate setting in your Prepar3D.cfg (If you dont know how, this conversation is already beyond you) and set the av frame rate variance to less than 10%, preferably less than 5%) by modifying the frame rate (and ths the `upper` figure in the frame rate display).

If the variation in normal use of the sim is wide and/or up and down like a piston then you have a problem with a process in the individual system and needs looking into. For this one needs to set UNLIMITED fps in the sim, remove all fps-limiting software (NVidia Inspector and its ilk). NB: It has NOTHING to do with pre-rendering.

Your second valid point is to use Process Explorer to identify what is causing the stutters - things such as FSUIPC5 auto-save can cause problems with some systems.

7. Default

Never set frame rate in P3D.

Set to unlimited with V Sync ON, but if you must restrict fps, use an external fps limiter!

Quote Originally Posted by Golly_777 View Post
    Never set frame rate in P3D.

Set to unlimited with V Sync ON, but if you must restrict fps, use an external fps limiter!
    Absolute bilgewater! Something you read somewhere is no reason to repeat the disinformation.

Cite your sources and then explain why you `believe` this to be true?

Set FPS limiter in P3D:
    http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/Learni..._settings.html

Golly_777, apparently, you're no avid reader of L-M's own P3D forums. There are issues with V Sync, and no one there has anything against setting the frame rate in the sim.

Jorgen

Let's play nice folks. The idea is to EDUCATE not EMBARRASS!

There is absolutely no fixed rule as to setting frame rates. It is totally dependent on your system, your aircraft, etc. For some, unlimited is the only way to go - for others fixed.

For ME on MY system - I lock at 20 and set it so the flight(s) are perfectly smooth. I could also lock at 30 but what for? If my sim is smooth at 20, I gain nothing by having it smooth at 30 or smooth at 60.

P3D is not FSX, tune it to the lowest FPS possible and still maintain smooth operation and you have a winner.

FPS are for bragging rights, not an enjoyable, smooth flying sim.

Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast