San Diego [Airport Overview]

Great pics of the SD airport! Whlie I was in boot, the PSA birds were always coming and going. They were called the Grinning Idiots in the airline industry, my father told me when he came to my Graduation ceremony.

I went to boot camp right beside it. Our "confidence" course (read obstacle course), and 1.5 mile (one way, 1.5 back) running track was right along side the airport's fence. Ever couple classes some idiot would try to get out of boot camp by, literally, going over the fence. Almost always caught stuck in the razor wire on the top. MP's would come along, collect them up, and throw them in the brig for a while. Then, they'd have to finish boot camp...

Every now and then, a Navy boot camp (right next door) recruit would jump the fence into MCRD San Diego, too. They'd get caught, and then get the honor of going through the Marine boot camp. A teensy but tougher than the Navy version. That's punishment :D

Thanks for a trip down memory lane :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I'm sure the cops notice your car, it's literally a ticket magnet... :)

Sorry to be late. I had not seen your post! :confused:

They likely do :):) On the other, it's a old car, beginning to have the status of a vintage, collection car. They could even ask me to take a selfie with! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Those are beautiful screenshots.

What is the UFO shaped looking building in seventh screenshot, please?

What KSAN scenery are you referring to when you said it is not as good as FlyTampa? I thought LatimVFR KSAN scenery is pretty good.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Archived