Thread: scenery bgl files

Default scenery bgl files

I installed several scenery bgl files in FSX addon/scenery/scenery folder, but the scenery does not appear when running the sim.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don

What version of windows are you running Don?

Quote Originally Posted by Don T. View Post
    I installed several scenery bgl files in FSX addon/scenery/scenery folder, but the scenery does not appear when running the sim.

Don
    Hi Don, there's a bit more to it than that... but you're almost there. Follow the steps in this guide to see your scenery in FSX: http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/how-t...cenery-in-fsx/
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Don
    And then what did you do? How did you add them to the scenery GUI?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Hi Don, there's a bit more to it than that... but you're almost there. Follow the steps in this guide to see your scenery in FSX: http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/how-t...cenery-in-fsx/

Tim, this guy's step after installing the .bgl file to AddonScenery/scenery folder seems odd. Usually as you start FSX it will run the status bar and add the new scenery file. No need to go to the Scenery Library and say OK. May only apply if adding the .bgl while FSX is running.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Tim, this guy's step after installing the .bgl file to AddonScenery/scenery folder seems odd. Usually as you start FSX it will run the status bar and add the new scenery file. No need to go to the Scenery Library and say OK. May only apply if adding the .bgl while FSX is running.
    That's true, it shouldn't have to be added to the library if it's in Addon Scenery/scenery - maybe there are textures which should also be in Addon Scenery/texture?

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

... in FSX addon/scenery/scenery folder ...
    I hope this is a typo.
    Correct location is <yr FSX folder>\Addon Scenery\scenery.
    AND the Addon Scenery folder itself needs to be active (or activated) in the Scenery Library.

Wim

Hi.

It was a typo. Your solution solved the problem. For some unknown reason the "Addon Scenery" folder was missing for the scenery library. I activated it and all's well.Many, many thanks for your help.

Cheers. Don

Hi Don, So you activated it, did you do this by clicking on the empty white space in the in the folder screen or just by having it ticked in the menu?

10. Default

Hi.

I opened the scenery library in FSX and added it to the list.