scenery bgl files

Don T.

I installed several scenery bgl files in FSX addon/scenery/scenery folder, but the scenery does not appear when running the sim.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Hi Don, there's a bit more to it than that... but you're almost there. Follow the steps in this guide to see your scenery in FSX: http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/how-to-install-addon-scenery-in-fsx/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Don, there's a bit more to it than that... but you're almost there. Follow the steps in this guide to see your scenery in FSX: http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/how-to-install-addon-scenery-in-fsx/

Tim, this guy's step after installing the .bgl file to AddonScenery/scenery folder seems odd. Usually as you start FSX it will run the status bar and add the new scenery file. No need to go to the Scenery Library and say OK. May only apply if adding the .bgl while FSX is running.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Tim, this guy's step after installing the .bgl file to AddonScenery/scenery folder seems odd. Usually as you start FSX it will run the status bar and add the new scenery file. No need to go to the Scenery Library and say OK. May only apply if adding the .bgl while FSX is running.
That's true, it shouldn't have to be added to the library if it's in Addon Scenery/scenery - maybe there are textures which should also be in Addon Scenery/texture?

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi.

It was a typo. Your solution solved the problem. For some unknown reason the "Addon Scenery" folder was missing for the scenery library. I activated it and all's well.Many, many thanks for your help.

Cheers. Don

Archived