Learjet 35A

PAULCRAIG

I just thought I would let you know that my freeware Learjet 35A for FSX SP2 is nearly finished after over 2 years of work, the model is done, here's some screenshots:

D-CFCF-1.jpg

D-CFCF-2.jpg

All I have to do now is finish the 2D panel, it's 99% complete with just a few things to get working correctly,here's some screenshots of the panel, included is one with some of the popups:

Panel-1.jpg

Panel-2.jpg

This is the 1st panel I have attempted, the panel background has been done from a photo & all the gauges apart from the GPS have been created by me. I have also tried to replicate the systems of the real aircraft, for example the fuel system on the LR35, the engines only take fuel from the wing tanks so I used Doug Dawson's great fuel dump gauge to model the fuel system so that fuel is taken from the wing tanks only & is topped up by a gravity feed from the tip tanks and when they are empty fuel from the wing tanks is then used but the pilot needs to make sure that the fuel level dosen't get too low before manually transfering fuel from the fuselage tank into the wing tanks. I have also included the ability to jettison fuel from the tip tanks.

I hope you like it & I will let you know when I have uploaded it to the library.

Paul

Paul, this beauty looks awesome! You've really created a beautiful gem. I'm definitely looking forward to flying this. Without even loading it up, one can tell by the pictures that you've put your heart and soul into her. Thank you for this true labor of love. No doubt she'll capture the hearts of many simmers... Thank you..Terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

• 5 months later...

I am very close to finishing it, just got to figure out a way to get the autopilot speed hold & vertical speed hold working as the LR35 has no auto throttle. When finished I will upload it to the library.

Here's an updated image of the panel.

LR35 Panel.jpg

I have changed the engine instrument digital readouts to rotating drum numbers as they should be. Also as the gauges are smaller than they would be than on some panel backgrounds I have made most gauges clickable to popup in a larger window.

Very nice to hear that. Your panel seems very fine.

For your information I am a retired airline pilot with all learjet ratings from 23 to 36.

Looking forward your nice FS plane.

Claude.

Hi Paul,

The exterior model is awesome.

Curious if your model is merge-able to the default Learjet 45 model interior VC for those of us who like flying with a VC cockpit?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Yes, the exterior model was compiled using the FSX SP2 SDK so it would be possible to merge the default LR45 VC, I have been working on a VC for the LR35 but it is going to take a lot of work & time to get it up to a decent standard, I have already been working on this aircraft for over 3 years! so I will release the aircraft with a 2D panel only & if I can model the VC to an acceptable standard then I will offer it as an update.

EXCELLENT! I would think the VC is more complex to model then the whole aircraft so completely understand.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...