Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase download speeds

T-VIRUS1234 Guest

Default Increase download speeds

why are the download speeds so slow???
    this is 2018 not 1990, i have gigabit fiber optic and you are saying i can only get 50kb/s?

it will take over 4 hours to download just one file, quit being greedy, you probably make enough money watching me with cookies (that i had to enable or you wouldnt let me start the download)

had i known this i would never have signed up!
    you should increase the download speed or warn people BEFORE they sign up that they will be waiting several hours to actually get anything

Blog Entries

We have different levels of membership here. Free members get limited download speeds. If you want the fastest possible speeds you can choose to sign up for a First Class Membership. Other flightsim communities work the same way, so this is not exactly unusual.

Please click on "MEMBERSHIP" in the blue menu bar at the top of the page.

Just FYI, we don't make any money at all from cookies. FlightSim.Com is largely supported by members like you, either directly through our membership programs or from purchases made in our store.

3. Default

The First Class membership is worth it. I used to be just a free downloader, but having been a member here for a while and downloading countless stuff, I thought I should donate. Now the speeds meet my Internet speed of 100 Mbps. I now can download things in an instant.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Maybe you can talk to your internet provider so they can fix, an upgrade on your connection will be helpful.

5. Default

That's not the issue...

In other news, it looks like the download speed is caped to 1 MB/second according to my recent 150 MB file download.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

I remember years ago when broadband was in it's infancy here in the UK, I was downloading lots of aircraft, scenery and skins etc and my speed went to a trickle.
    When I phone about it, I got a woman on and she said she knew what I was doing, according to her I was downloading illegal software from pirate websites.
    I told her I wasn't and told her what I was downloading, she was ignorant to flight sim and said, "Well they shouldn't have so many files, it's ridiculous," I had to laugh, anyway after that my speeds went up again, but in those days it wasn't that fast compared to today's speeds.

That is absolutely NOT the case!
    I am not in the same country or state and I
    can get 28 MB per second (bytes not bits).
    There is NO cap on First Class Member Speeds.
    Please check with your ISP to see why your
    bandwidth is so low.

Regards,
    Rick

and you downloaded that file in 79 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    That's not the issue...

In other news, it looks like the download speed is caped to 1 MB/second according to my recent 150 MB file download.
    Last edited by rick; 12-05-2018 at 05:21 PM.

8. Default

Hah. Back in the early days of flight sim, I used to download freeware from here via dial-up (phone line). I was darn lucky to get 10 kbs. Most of the time it was 7 or 8 kbs...

Agree with Rick! A 150 MB file should take about 4-5 seconds. I just ran a test with my provider.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed test.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	206412
    Last edited by mrzippy; 12-05-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    That is absolutely NOT the case!
    I am not in the same country or state and I
    can get 28 MB per second (bytes not bits).
    There is NO cap on First Class Member Speeds.
    Please check with your ISP to see why your
    bandwidth is so low.

Regards,
    Rick

and you downloaded that file in 79 seconds.
    It could have been a one off. Before I could download files in an instant, but just last night when I downloaded a 150 MB file it was at 1 MB/sec. I can do a speed test to show my speed, but I highly doubt it's my ISP or computer. I'll redownload the file again tonight and see what happens.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast