FS Real Time + FSUIPC?

Airplane

Hey guys,

I was just looking at the FS Real Time addon that supposedly fixes the buggy time zone issues in FSX and I saw that there is a download link and then a separate purchase tab on the website. Is the product solely purchasable, as in do you have to buy the product first?

I also saw FSUIPC being mentioned in the support page -- do you need FSUIPC for FS Real Time to work? Also, what exactly does FSUIPC do? Does it basically just allow third party software to interact with FSX?

Any help on this is really appreciated guys, thanks!

Also, what exactly does FSUIPC do? Does it basically just allow third party software to interact with FSX?

FSUIPC is hands down the single best add-on you can get for MSFS or P3D. The free version as you correctly asked is a consistent way for third party software to interact with the different versions of the sim. By and large I can have the same code base to deal with FS2002 all the way to P3Dv4 with almost no changes. For authors it's amazing and allows us to write in a high-level language rather than C.

You do not need to register FSUIPC for data access. If you do register it, you will gain access to all of its joystick, button and macro capabilities, which is another amazing thing. If you're running payware or a home cockpit you can map buttons and keystrokes to custom controls, calibrate your axes (to fix wonky pedals that all three of my kids loved playing with as toddlers, etc) and much more.

It's an amazing add-on.

Cheers!

Luke

• 5 months later...

Hey Luke,

Sorry for replying to an old topic but could you re-confirm that this site (https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html) has the free version of FSUIPC and the sim market site has the register-able version of the same? Oh and does the free version have enough basic features to use? One of them I hope is the weather settings? Or is that included in the registered version only?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Luke,

Sorry for replying to an old topic but could you re-confirm that this site (https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html) has the free version of FSUIPC and the sim market site has the register-able version of the same? Oh and does the free version have enough basic features to use? One of them I hope is the weather settings? Or is that included in the registered version only?

Thanks in advance!

One and the same: One can choose to register after download of the basic package, that unlocks all the additional features...

Thanks for the confirmation guys. :D

Oh, one last thing; I was also thinking of installing AI Smooth to space out the obnoxious AI traffic patterns in the sim. 0_o Would the basic unregistered version of FSUIPC be able to make the program work or does that require the registered version?

Thanks for the confirmation guys. :D

Oh, one last thing; I was also thinking of installing AI Smooth to space out the obnoxious AI traffic patterns in the sim. 0_o Would the basic unregistered version of FSUIPC be able to make the program work or does that require the registered version?

The freeware FSUIPC is sufficient.