P3D v4.4 Compatibilty

ryanspringer2294

Hi there,

I am a little confused by the compatibility problems happening with P3D v4.4

As this is only a dot point update, how has it caused problems with so many addons? I would think this should only happen with a major version (ie v3 to v4)

I have not yet upgraded myself as I don't want to break all my addons. I am still using v4.3

Any clarification would be very much appreciated. :)

As this is only a dot point update, how has it caused problems with so many addons?

What add-ons are you referring to? I've had everything work except AS2016, and there's already an update for that.

Cheers!

Luke

Yes, please define "so many addons" - there are a few that for whatever reason the developer decided are version specific. There are a few that use some hooks into the LM code but all in all, there are very few and as of today all but one or two have been updated.

It is really a non issue.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I had major elevation problems with Orbx KSNC Chester Airport, yet another simmer mentioned he didn't have any problem with KSNC. I did notice that someone had problems with airport buildings vanishing from airports.

I also have the sound bug with piston planes (which a number of people have noticed).

I decided that v4.2 gives me the least problems with my particular hardware/software/settings combination.

Mike Mann

I have spent all morning trying to get this to work. So far, Aerosoft airbus, ezdok, GSX, activeSky, and GTN750. I know a few of these have updates already, but some do not so I will wait.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

I had major elevation problems with Orbx KSNC Chester Airport, yet another simmer mentioned he didn't have any problem with KSNC. I did notice that someone had problems with airport buildings vanishing from airports.

Did you check out the airport elevation corrections in FTX Central? Since I'm still on V2, I'm assuming that the newer FTX Central still has that.

I also have the sound bug with piston planes (which a number of people have noticed).

That sound bug, if it's the one I think you mean, has been around since the FSX days, and isn't with ALL piston aircraft, though it does affect many.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi there,

I am a little confused by the compatibility problems happening with P3D v4.4

As this is only a dot point update, how has it caused problems with so many addons? I would think this should only happen with a major version (ie v3 to v4)

I have not yet upgraded myself as I don't want to break all my addons. I am still using v4.3

Any clarification would be very much appreciated. :)

Which ones?

Be specific on any you have a query about. I am continuing my research prior to going full v4.4 and have issues with a handful, such as ORBX, PMDG and couple that were intended for 4.3.

Did you check out the airport elevation corrections in FTX Central? Since I'm still on V2, I'm assuming that the newer FTX Central still has that.

That sound bug, if it's the one I think you mean, has been around since the FSX days, and isn't with ALL piston aircraft, though it does affect many.

Airport elevation corrections were performed with Vector's AEC. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem.

The sound bug is an all new P3Dv4 exclusive bug; see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546020-sound-rendering-ver-44/

also see https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=131659

Mike Mann

Airport elevation corrections were performed with Vector's AEC. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem.

The sound bug is an all new P3Dv4 exclusive bug; see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546020-sound-rendering-ver-44/

also see https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=131659

Is the scenery using the Scenery install method? Or the dll.xml? Currently scenery added by the `new` methid is not picked up by the FTX Central installer, and as its been an approved method for P3D since earlyv4.x days it's high tme it was fixed by the central installer, to fall in line with L-M guidelines. Until then, you will have to add it manually to the scenery menu so `FTX` sees it...

Is the scenery using the Scenery install method? Or the dll.xml? Currently scenery added by the `new` methid is not picked up by the FTX Central installer, and as its been an approved method for P3D since earlyv4.x days it's high tme it was fixed by the central installer, to fall in line with L-M guidelines. Until then, you will have to add it manually to the scenery menu so `FTX` sees it...

The scenery is Orbx so FTX certainly sees it. A notepad check of P3D Scenery.cfg showed the airport was added properly and in the correct position.

Do a Force Migration in FTX Central. That should do it. No problems with any addons for me.

Stan

I always do a Force Migration when adding Orbx scenery; so that wasn't the problem.

Anyways, I fixed the problem. I reverted to P3D v4.2 and the Orbx scenery now works properly again. Going back to v4.2 fixed the aircraft sounds as well.

Mike Mann

Do a Force Migration in FTX Central. That should do it. No problems with any addons for me.

Stan

I cannot see how this will overcome the issue of an .xml-installed scenery? Care to expand?

AFAIK FTX Vector in its latest v1.60 incarnation was supposed to have a revised structure specifically to deal with this, but didn't. Leaving it unable to provide AEC modification of ANY .xml derived scenery and thus NOT compatible with P3Dv4.x without third party modification...

Archived