GPS add-on for 3rd party GA

Kirk

I think this is a general enough question that it belongs here. If not, my apology.

This is pertaining to FSX: Steam Edition. I'm looking at buying the Carenado C172N SKYHAWK II but I notice it doesn't have a GPS. So my question is can I buy/download a separate GPS and use it in that aircraft? Or when it comes to 3rd party aircraft is it that you get what it comes with, period?

::

Holy Crikey! I did it again! I created this thread then found my answer elsewhere in the forum.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?10471-GPS-for-3rd-Party-Aircraft

I am so sorry. :(

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Bear in mind their EULA may not permit changes to their plane's .cfg files by the end user. The VRS TacPacked Superbug is that way, I know.

Having said that, unless you TELL them you altered the Panel.cfg file to add a GPS, how will they know? I doubt they will check all their customer's planes.

Just a little thing to consider :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived