Thread: Wind direction indicator within aircraft panels.

1. Default Wind direction indicator within aircraft panels.

Hello
    If for example the wind direction arrow within an aircrafts panel is pointing North does that indicate it's blowing from the North ( like a church weather vane ) or blowing from South TO the north .
    Would this be the same for all aircraft ?

Thanks
    Andrew

As I've always understood it, Yes the wind is from the South and blowing to the North, and Yes it's the same for all aircraft.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    As I've always understood it, Yes the wind is from the South and blowing to the North, and Yes it's the same for all aircraft.
    Thanks Tim for taking the time.

Cheers Andy

4. Default

Yes, that is correct, blowing from the South. I wondered about this too and asked here as well. But what really confirmed it was running LittleNavMap on the second screen and looking at my cockpit wind gauge and the wind gauge in LittleNavMap.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Yes, that is correct, blowing from the South. I wondered about this too and asked here as well. But what really confirmed it was running LittleNavMap on the second screen and looking at my cockpit wind gauge and the wind gauge in LittleNavMap.
    Thanks for clearing this up for me.
    I have been thinking about it for years ,and don't no why I haven't asked before.
    Couldn't understand why I was sometimes got overspeed warnings while flying 'into' ninety mile an hour head winds at recommended speeds.

Cheers Andy