Introducing simwest FOTOREAL

simwestFOTOREAL started as a simple little project for myself to try and enhance photoreal scenery. After four years of development we thought it was time to show some development shots of what we got going. My goal was threefold: immersion, performance and enjoyment. To give typical photoreal scenery a “shot in the arm” sort of speak with 3D buildings, vegetation, night lighting, watermasking, color corrected imagery and even seasons where applicable. I think I have accomplished this but the only way to make sure is to let others try it.

So I am seeking beta testers to try simwestFOTOREAL. We need all types of simmers with all types of platforms. So if you fly with P3Dv4, P3dv3, P3Dv2, P3D and/or FSX and FSX:SE and are interested in beta testing please send me an email at:

‘projects @ simwest . com’ (FYI - there are no spaces or in the email address).

Please use ‘BetaTester’ for the Subject line.

Living in San Diego, California, USA, I thought I would start here.

1SWF_SanDIego_skyline_day.jpg

Travel around 100+ miles north and you will hit the city of Los Angeles. Here's Hollywood with the city of Burbank in the background.

3SWF_Hollywood004-2.jpg

Yuma, Arizona

4SWF_Yuma_AZ_dawn.jpg

Farmland and the town El Centro, California

5SWF_ElCentro_day-1.jpg

The desert city of Palm Springs, California

6SWF_PalmSprings_dawn-2.jpg

Colorado River

7SWF_ColoradoRiver-1-1.jpg

Rio Grande River

8SWF_RioGrandeRiver_NM-1.jpg

Even small out-of-the-way places where you will most likely never see are modeled. I like to call this “Nowhere”. The idea is add a bit of exploring for those who fly GA low-n-slow.

9SWF_nowhere-1.jpg

And for those who fly "tubeliners" we hope to add the thrill of immersion all around you as you make your approaches and take-offs such as here in the San Fernando Valley, which is north of Los Angeles.

10SWF_TheValley_night1-3.jpg

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for viewing.

Hi Folks,

What - did nobody see this ?

That looks absolutely incredible !

It also seems to include the entire southwest of the US down into Mexico... I gasped when I saw the recent pictures posted...

This is Clutch - of “9 Dragons” fame for those if you been around for a while...

NICE WORK - sir...

Full Disclosure - I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with this project - I simply noticed the gorgeous screenshots a few days ago and was duly impressed...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Hi Folks,

What - did nobody see this ?

That looks absolutely incredible !

It also seems to include the entire southwest of the US down into Mexico... I gasped when I saw the recent pictures posted...

This is Clutch - of “9 Dragons” fame for those if you been around for a while...

NICE WORK - sir...

Full Disclosure - I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with this project - I simply noticed the gorgeous screenshots a few days ago and was duly impressed...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree Scott!!

I'm about to volunteer to Beta test it myself!;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Please count me in to beta test, I love this! It is so good looking. Will email you.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Folks,

Glad someone noticed besides me - if l had more time in front of my sim - I’d volunteer as well - as it is now - it wouldn’t be fair to the developer...

Anxious to see what becomes of this - it looks incredible...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

• 4 weeks later...
Have had my eye on this for a long time. Am very excited to see more shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Really am looking forward to this release.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 2 months later...

Just want to say we have just released our first.... FINALLY! simwestALBQ and it's FREE! Think of it as a little fun for those of us who could not attend the FlightSim Expo going on right now. It is available exclusively here at the FlightSim.Com Store under 'simwest'.

Happy Flyin'

Clutch

Thank You Marcus for this release. I have been so surprised with the lack of new releases information coming out of FS Expo this weekend, and then to see this. This is definitely the highlight of this weekend! As a beta tester for Marcus, I definitely encourage EVERYONE to check this scenery out. You won't be disappointed! I'm not going to compare it to Orbx or Megascenery, or any other addon....you just have to see it for yourself. What an amazing addon Marcus, and thank you for the "gift"

Intel I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Nvidia GTX970, Realtek surround sound, 5TB WD Black SATA Drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you! Looking forward to your other releases.

• 3 weeks later...
Just want to say we have just released our first.... FINALLY! simwestALBQ and it's FREE! Think of it as a little fun for those of us who could not attend the FlightSim Expo going on right now. It is available exclusively here at the FlightSim.Com Store under 'simwest'.

Happy Flyin'

Clutch

Is it still free?

I am just now discovering this and hope the ship hasn't left port already.

I am using P3D V3.4 and would like to give it a try.

Thanks

"Butch