Lockheed Lodestar panel guide

beroun

Hi. Got excellent Lockheed Lodestar from Milton Shupe. The download does not seem to include the panel operating guide. I am mainly interested in autopilot handling. Any idea where I could get the instructions?

Many thanks for any advise.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

It's a pretty basic propliner autopilot. It can hold the current heading (Heading Hold) and hold the current altitude (Altitude Hold). If you want to turn, you turn off Heading Hold, turn the plane manually, then re-engage Heading Hold. If you want to climb or descend, you turn off Altitude hold and climb/descend manually. Once you reach your desired altitude, reduce your climb/descent to less than +/- 500 fpm and engage the Altitude hold. The Vertical Speed controls on my version appear to be inoperative.

The other buttons are identical to the default Cessna autopilot. They're in the Learning Center.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Many Thanks Tom,

better than any instructions. Makes sense. Also many thanks for your advices on DC7 in your classic forum.

Somehow I tend to fly old airplanes now. Brakes the monotony from modern (switch turning) flying.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived