Revisiting FlightSims--which title, which add ons & resources please!

sj8070

Hi there

Hoping someone can point me in direction of some sort of starter pack resource (I think have look through the obvious places on this site but may have missed something)

Here's what I'm looking for

- A sim that has a strong focus on realism, particularly ATC, ground procedures, audio, checklists etc.

- Able to run on a mid spec PC (can post full specs if needed) and graphics be decent enough

- A sim that contains most of what you need out of the box, though I'm open to add ons and modifications - ideally these are easy to do... even better if there is an in game interface to do so

- A sim that is able to generate mechanical failures or in flight problems once in a while (none may be able to do this, just thought worth mentioning!)

I get that all that probably sounds very n00b and i have a lot of learning to do but I want to at least start with the right piece of software

So is it MSX, Prepare3d or x plane?

Cheers!

Simon

Hi there

Hoping someone can point me in direction of some sort of starter pack resource (I think have look through the obvious places on this site but may have missed something)

Here's what I'm looking for

- A sim that has a strong focus on realism, particularly ATC, ground procedures, audio, checklists etc.

- Able to run on a mid spec PC (can post full specs if needed) and graphics be decent enough

- A sim that contains most of what you need out of the box, though I'm open to add ons and modifications - ideally these are easy to do... even better if there is an in game interface to do so

- A sim that is able to generate mechanical failures or in flight problems once in a while (none may be able to do this, just thought worth mentioning!)

I get that all that probably sounds very n00b and i have a lot of learning to do but I want to at least start with the right piece of software

So is it MSX, Prepare3d or x plane?

Cheers!

Simon

FSX Steam Edition. Has inbuilt Learning Center

P3Dv4 will crush a computer with limited resources.

X-Plane doesn't `do` ATC (although like anything, it can be added through the aftermarket)

To do any of them justice you will need at least a quality joystick, and possibly rudder pedals.

Archived