How to link an image... tutorial?

You can attach an image in one of two ways. Either directly from a image hosting site like imgur, or as an attachment uploaded here.

To attach an image from imgur see the screen shot. You copy the BBcode.

pU7tYLL.jpg

K6EKmxQ.jpg

With uploaded attachments hit the reply button then advanced. Look for the Manage Attachments option.

0PFhcD9.jpg

Interesting. I was using imgur in the past but wanted to use my own website to host. But as a test I went back to imgur, followed your example, copied an image BBcode and now flightsim says the image is invalid?! This is copies straight from Imgur??? No sure what is going on now.

Interesting. I was using imgur in the past but wanted to use my own website to host. But as a test I went back to imgur, followed your example, copied an image BBcode and now flightsim says the image is invalid?! This is copies straight from Imgur??? No sure what is going on now.

You click get Share Links, and hit the copy button for the BBcode. It should automatically copy the entire code. It will be wrapped in the image code BBcode tags like this,

[img=picurl.com]

The first part is

[img]

and the closing tag is,

[/img]

LlbE65f.png

Works for me.

You might want to try a nifty little free program called ShareX. You take a screen shot with it and it immediately gives you a link for that image from imgur and also saves a copy to your computer.

https://getsharex.com/

That might be easier, and the download and website check out at Virus Total. Though, for me personally I don't need something like that since I know how to do it manually and I like to keep the installed programs and what not at a minimum.

Personally, the forum's system works well. Yes, some little bit slow, some little bit to rearrange the pics' order. But otherwise, I feel it's well enough! Free time to fly!
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Mmmm... ok so I tried again. I noticed there were Flightsim image size restrictions of 1600 x 1200 with max size of 488.3kB (posted back in 2014). I made two test examples of the same image. Both were resized to 1600 x 791. One was 484kB and the second was 324kB. I did the following:

1. Opened a new post.

2. Clicked on Manage Attachments.

3. Clicked on Add Files button.

4. Clicked on Website.

5. Entered my URL as:

"img https://simwest.com/images-marketing/SWF_ALBQ_dusk-FS484.jpg /img"

FYI - I used brackets around img's and did not use quotes but if I try to show you exacly the line becomes blank.

This is the same way Imgur gives I might add.

Both images came back as an "invalid file"?

Do you see what I might be doing wrong?

Another FYI - I can "attach" the larger image and see it in preview so I guess it meets the standards but jus't can't link via my website. :(

Try this once.

Take this image link and wrap the

[img]

and closing tags.

[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/LlbE65f.png

If that still doesn't work try another browser. What browser are you using?

Nothing should be this difficult! We are in the 21st Century, are we not? Sending screen shots via PM's, require a URL, does that mean the pic has to go to a "Third Party" image program, before it works?

Yah, you betcha. PIA ain't it?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived