Question re: DX10 Fixer - Nvidia Inspector a must?

Clutch Cargo

I am about to perform beta testing on a new add-on for FSX and FSX:SE and to be honest I have not ran either since P3D version 1 came out. So it has been many years. Boy, quite a shocker when you start them up in complete default mode!

Getting re-acclimated, reading up here, old posts, etc., I see the DX10 fixer is still considered a must? I have a 1080 SC GPU that I would hate to see sitting idle if DX10 option and the fixer can use it partly. Most threads here seem back in the 2014 era so I am just double-checking that DX10 in general would be better than DX9 if I install the fixer?

I have been reading a fixer "how-to" guide I found on-line (quite an extensive read), and they really get into setting up Nvidia Inspector to work in parallel with the fixer. I don't run NI with my P3Dv4 setup and fear it may effect it if I install so my I guess my question is...

do I need Nvidia Inspector installed in order to have DirectX 10 / DX10 Fixer run at it's best? Can I shut NI off when running P3Dv4?

Thx,

Clutch

I am about to perform beta testing on a new add-on for FSX and FSX:SE and to be honest I have not ran either since P3D version 1 came out. So it has been many years. Boy, quite a shocker when you start them up in complete default mode!

Getting re-acclimated, reading up here, old posts, etc., I see the DX10 fixer is still considered a must? I have a 1080 SC GPU that I would hate to see sitting idle if DX10 option and the fixer can use it partly. Most threads here seem back in the 2014 era so I am just double-checking that DX10 in general would be better than DX9 if I install the fixer?

I have been reading a fixer "how-to" guide I found on-line (quite an extensive read), and they really get into setting up Nvidia Inspector to work in parallel with the fixer. I don't run NI with my P3Dv4 setup and fear it may effect it if I install so my I guess my question is...

do I need Nvidia Inspector installed in order to have DirectX 10 / DX10 Fixer run at it's best? Can I shut NI off when running P3Dv4?

Thx,

Clutch

Yes DX10 Fixer should be considered a `must` to get the best from modern GPU's.

Nvidia Inspector hasn't been necessary for FSX since about 2014 and one can - and should - only install the driver for the GPU and any other hardware that needs it. I haven't had Nvidia Inspector since about 2014.

Look out for all the bloatware in the latest drivers - you can get `slimmed down`version of even the latest drivers:

https://forums.guru3d.com/forums/videocards-nvidia-geforce-drivers-section.21/

On my pc NI makes a huge difference with fsx. You assign a separate profile for each game. So having a profile for fsx would have zero effect or influence on p3d.

(you could create a profile for p3d as well if you want. The profiles will not affect each other.).

Google: NickN nvidiainspector

to find the thread where NickN posted the best explanation on how to set it up. Download links on that site too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On my pc NI makes a huge difference with fsx. You assign a separate profile for each game. So having a profile for fsx would have zero effect or influence on p3d.

(you could create a profile for p3d as well if you want. The profiles will not affect each other.).

Google: NickN nvidiainspector

to find the thread where NickN posted the best explanation on how to set it up. Download links on that site too.

Profiles can also be set in Nvidia Control Panel, rendering Nvidia Inspector pointless. Why would one install ADDITIONAL software when it has no gain for FSX..?

Far more logical to learn what one can switch OFF in order to have more resources for the sim. Nvidia Inspector uses a live application to control those Profiles. Not Good.

Especially as many of the assignable functions have no function in FSX...

At least they didn't when I last looked, back when many were swooning over it. Pure placebo.

Nowadays I make it a point not to believe all the gains purported to be offered by such tools. Concentrate on taking OUT, not putting IN.

Archived