There are no Windmills in Holland.

GBJim

I am sorry to report that there are no windmills in Holland. I have flown over the beautiful countryside of Holland for many, many hours, and have not found one windmill. None, zero, nada, zilch ! I believe it's all a hoax; a farce by the Netherlands Department of Tourism, to attract tourists. Well they are going to be disappointed. There are no windmills in Holland ! .......... PAH ! ! ! :mad:

h3.jpg

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Lovely shots. this DHC-3 in turboprop nose somewhat reminds me of the PC-6. Not long ago ORBX released Holland scenery but that is a hefty 50 bucks or so, waiting for Christmas sale to buy it. I am sure about the windmills and they may throw in a klomp or a clog as well to better steer the rudder!

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine shots! Sure the traditional windmills are likely not well modeled in FS, as modern ones are likely to be found like freewares! On the other hand, they might have disguised the traditional ones like water pools! :):):):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Ever since I played the old game Medal Of Honor, I wanted to visit Holland. It was pretty neat in the game during Operation Market Garden. I often wondered: "Does Holland look like that for real?" LOL I did look briefly at the city in Google Street view and it does in a way.

Now what is the use of a windmill anyway? Someone said to pump water? I thought they were to grind grain into floor. I also heard at one time tulips were used as currency.

Edit-

Looks like my assumption that Holland was a city is in fact a region.

And....

You can't starve there either!

pDqrxjJ.jpg

Amazing how our fat American lifestyle has made it's way around the planet. Up to and including McDonalds, Subway and Starbucks. LOL

You see!! :mad: And windmills were used for many things beside pumping water: sawing wood, making paper, oils, paint, flower, you name it. We are Dutch you see, and wind is free of costs! And if we don't like you, we'll tie you to the mill so you make nice circles and enjoy the view, while we enjoy your screams. That's the main purpose of mills. We are very inventive. And yes, we used tulips as a currency: we bought Manhattan with them. HA! Oh, and we're a nation, with a King and a Queen, natural born handsome and noble airmen and a lot of beautiful women and water. Tsk!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we'll tie you to the mill so you make nice circles and enjoy the view, while we enjoy your screams

Barbarians!

On the other hand, you just won over the soccer World champs last night! A deed worth of note!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Bit of luck also.:)

That's a deed anyway to get rid of world champions barely 5 months after they earned the title! On the other hand, with a guy like you who spend much times in Russia -- be it in jails -- they had a chance that a only Dutch one remind them of where -- and why ??? -- they turned champions :):):)

But let's turn to flight!!

You see!! :mad: And windmills were used for many things beside pumping water: sawing wood, making paper, oils, paint, flower, you name it. We are Dutch you see, and wind is free of costs! And if we don't like you, we'll tie you to the mill so you make nice circles and enjoy the view, while we enjoy your screams. That's the main purpose of mills. We are very inventive. And yes, we used tulips as a currency: we bought Manhattan with them. HA! Oh, and we're a nation, with a King and a Queen, natural born handsome and noble airmen and a lot of beautiful women and water. Tsk!

I respect and honor your King and Queen, but as for all of the rest ............ Baah Humbug !

......................................................................... Grumpy old man.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Ouch, ouch......Where's my barf-bag?

maxresdefault.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

There's only one small problem with the beautiful Dutch women: they don't listen

You can say that again. Strong women!

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived