Laptop for FSX:SE

Devgru

Hi guys

After long consideration I just ordered the laptop

Asus ROG Strix SCAR II GL504GS-EST056T with i78750H with 2.2 ghz base and 4.1 ghz on turboclock, GTX1070 8GB GPU, 16GB DDR4 ram, 256 SSD and 1TB Firecuda harddrive with 144hz 1920 x 1080 screen.

How do you think this will do for FSX:SE? I have bought Orbx Global, Vectors and fly alot of PMDG aircraft and Aerosoft products in aircrafts and sceneries..will this laptop do the job?

I am excited to this upgrade from my last Lenovo Y520 with i5 2.3 ghz to 2.8 ghz turboclock with 6GB GTX1050 GPU. I cannot buy desktop for the girlfriend and the aesthestic measures at home,,

regards

Edited by Devgru

Since it's a laptop, I'll try first disabling Turbo Boost. Yes, it sounds counterintuitive, but (as NickN's Bible says) set up your computer and sim, and after having it stable and smooth, overclock it (or enable back Turbo Boost). You'll save some head banging...

I like your CPU; it should do fine, or at least a lot better than my laptop (i5-7200U, 6 GB RAM, GeForce 940MX).

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Hi guys

After long consideration I just ordered the laptop

Asus ROG Strix SCAR II GL504GS-EST056T with i78750H with 2.2 ghz base and 4.1 ghz on turboclock, GTX1070 8GB GPU, 16GB DDR4 ram, 256 SSD and 1TB Firecuda harddrive with 144hz 1920 x 1080 screen.

How do you think this will do for FSX:SE? I have bought Orbx Global, Vectors and fly alot of PMDG aircraft and Aerosoft products in aircrafts and sceneries..will this laptop do the job?

I am excited to this upgrade from my last Lenovo Y520 with i5 2.3 ghz to 2.8 ghz turboclock with 6GB GTX1050 GPU. I cannot buy desktop for the girlfriend and the aesthestic measures at home,,

regards

You will need to find how to have ORBX install to the Hard Drive, not the rather modest SSD - search for `Symbolic Link` or more directly

`how to install ORBX outside FSX folder?` in Google.

It may not be of any help to know the late, Jon Patch -- scenery creator extraordinaire -- ran FSX-SE and P3D with Orbx on the same Lenovo laptop he created his last scenery for Orbx. That be: Ganges Harbour on Salt Spring Island, BC. It's posted FREE at FTX's site. We had the pleasure of his company while shooting all the photographs to create his models. RIP.

ACER AN517-54-700X laptop and installed MSFS under WIN 11 HDMI to 48" TV

Works real good lasts a long time. (former) Mooney M20E owner and driver. IFR Rated.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...