Rick Pipers HS780 Andover C1

reaper95

Hi,

After some advice. I flew Rick Pipers Andover in FSX. Aircraft is amazing but when I land the aircraft wont power back up and just stops. Even if I put full throttle it wont budge. meaning you can't fly touch and go's or taxi off the runway. Anyone know why?

I only noticed this occurrence after a full stop landing. I did, what I thought was a touch and go (touchdown is very soft on this aircraft) and it came back up to full power with no problem. After a full stop landing it seems like the props are at full feather and won't change.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I did another test flight after reading the manual (highly recommended). There are 3 lights, that I have circled in a screenshot that you need to pay attention to. While doing touch and goes or a full stop landing, those lights need to be on to add power with the throttles. It is not recommended to add power if those lights aren't lit. I'm showing the 2D cockpit.

Rick Piper.JPG

Gave it another attempt today but for some reason when ever I touch down I still can't power up even when following the check list and can't seem to get 3 lights lit. I'll have to spend some more time trying to get the hang of it and getting 3 lamps lit. Touching down soft and at a low enough speed. Just can't seem to get the hang of it getting the lamps lit back up.

Gave it another attempt today but for some reason when ever I touch down I still can't power up even when following the check list and can't seem to get 3 lights lit. I'll have to spend some more time trying to get the hang of it and getting 3 lamps lit. Touching down soft and at a low enough speed. Just can't seem to get the hang of it getting the lamps lit back up.

Are you pressing and hold the F2 key for prop reverse? If so, try it without and see if the lamps light up after you come to a stop. This is a tricky aircraft.

Are you pressing and hold the F2 key for prop reverse? If so, try it without and see if the lamps light up after you come to a stop. This is a tricky aircraft.

Yes, unlike the 748, the Andover DOES have thrust reversers.

Reading the instructions is NOT optional. The Dart operates unlike any more modern turboprop.

• 1 year later...