Icon A5

jdlinn

Is there a way to "slow down" the aircraft when it lands on water ... I tried giving "reverse prop" a "1" in the aircraft.cfg. I've added an auto rudder which helps. But there seems no way to stop the plane in a short distance. Any ideas. Thank you.

You could try slow S turns but the best method is to control your speed on the landing so you touch down slower.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Vic is right, but if you kill the engine, you'll slow more quickly. The residual thrust at idle reduces your rate of slowing. Note that I don't have the Icon, but the above is true on all seaplanes I've tried.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Is there a way to "slow down" the aircraft when it lands on water ... I tried giving "reverse prop" a "1" in the aircraft.cfg. I've added an auto rudder which helps. But there seems no way to stop the plane in a short distance. Any ideas. Thank you.

You need to check you have idle=idle in your controller settings (You dont mention what you are using for control of throttle).

Throttle default for `zero` throttle is `F1` as a keyboard command.

Archived