A non-PC literate newbie wondering where to start

Chigley

Hi Guys,

As the title says I'm a non literate, non technical non expertise PC user who has hit a problem over the past couple of months with FSX; and search as I might I can't get a lead as to where the problem is originating from. Reading some of the posts on here is giving me hope but some of the threads are years old. What information do you need to interpret my description.

Basically FSX starts OK and I can progress through to my chosen departure airport, then the problems start. Either at the airport whilst loaded data, or, during a flight or, prior to landing when in each case I'm shifting between different views or menus my screen reverts to a washed out collection of abstract cloud / landscape views; the game will lock ie become totally unresponsive, or if I'm lucky and I can access a bland menu screen such as aircraft fuel/load menu I can regain control until the next change of in game screen.

CPU_Z.1.GIF CPU_Z.2.GIF

I'm thinking its a graphics card issue but do not know how to troubleshoot the issue.

Many thanks

Ian C

Re-reading my post there is missing information! I'm running W10 1809, FSX SP2, FSUIPC4 (unregistered), AS Mega Airport London Heathrow, FSDT GSX, CaptSim 737 Captain (737-200) Base Pack. Is there any other info that would be helpful?

You may need to update your graphics card driver. Though, I'm not entity sure. First go to search and enter event viewer. Look under Windows logs and select the application and system entries. Do you have any warnings or errors there? You can copy the text of the warning or error by highlighting the text and using the keyboard keys combination control + C to copy. Paste here.

To update your GPU driver you will need to use Dispaly Driver Uninstaller. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

First go to Nvidia's website and download your driver.

Now restart your computer in safe mode. To do that keep pressing the F8 key while the computer boots. Just chose the first safe mode option.

Now run Display Driver Uninstaller.

Reboot computer and install your new driver you downloaded previously.

Something else you could try is deleting the shaders cache. https://www.simforums.com/forums/deleting-fsx-shader-cache_topic49787.html

You can also try deleting the FSX.cfg file and rerun the Sim. It will rebuild. To find FSX.cfg, run Everything.exe. It will be in the Appdata folder. https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Is FSX installed to the root of C drive?

It sounds much more like a uiautomationcore.dll error.

To fix that you download a copy of the older uiautomationcore.dll file. And then place that file in the main fsx folder.

Read this thread.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299543-FSX-closing-down-when-it-s-had-enough!&highlight=nowhere+else

Then follow the link in that thread to find the file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, I looked at the Events Viewer and under the Windows Log for Apllications and System there were some warnings and errors but as far as my limited (zero) knowledge of the details shown there were nothing which referenced FSX, related applications or my graphics card apparent.

I have downloaded the Display Driver Uninstaller and Nvidia driver 416.94.

Crikey what a song and dance it is to get into Safe mode with W10. F8 didn't work. I ran the uninstaller in Safe mode and then rebooted back to the nominal W10 and installed the Nvidia driver. I'm now going to run FSX, first in it's basic mode and then if trouble free I'll load and use the additional apps to see if it will fail. If it fails I'll take more screen shots, if I can, and look in the event viewer.

il88pp the link you have posted to the uiautomationcore.dll file refers to XP and Vista would they still be current for W10? Being a dunce at software alterring I'll wait until I've tried the graphic driver update before going down that route.

Wish me luck.

it works exactly because it is the older version.

In windows 7, 8 and 10 is a newer version of that file. It is a vital file and should not be changed.

But fsx is an older game, and needs the older file. So, you

install the older file in the FSX folder and NOWHERE ELSE !!!!!!!!!

Because Windows has a newer version of the file and that is vital to keep all other programs and Windows working.

So again, in the FSX folder is where you place the file. Next to the fsx.exe file.

Again, NOWHERE ELSE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be careful - place that file in the main FSX folder, but ONLY there.

And it is easy to update your nVidia display driver, just get the nVidia Experience from nVidia, and it will tell you when drivers are available, and then you decide when to update them.

Jorgen

You don't want nVidia Experience as it makes several connections to the Internet and spies on you. There is an App to block the telemetry, or you can block their IPs in the hosts file.

Then again, if you're using 10, you have bigger things to worry about. Each their own.

Hello Chigley,

Had a look at your pictures and your description of events leading to your issue.

There may or may not be a case for using UIAutomationCore.dll in a FSX Win10 setup, the consensus is that FSX does not need the old Vista version under Windows10.

Windows7 however most definitely needs the Vista UIAutomationCore.dll. Particularly if the OS desktop is Aero Glass theme GUI.

You describe shifting (Cycling) between different views, and then the scenery goes all mushy and the system seems to bog down to the point of being unresponsive. I believe this is a byproduct of the "View cycle" keyboard key Joystick button or menu View selection, where the user cycles to a particular view in the Cycle sequence, the culprit views are usually, AI Planes [CameraDefinition.010] & Nearest Tower [CameraDefinition.007], these can be excluded from the "View cycle" by adding a line to each entry in the "Cameras.CFG" as below.

CycleHidden=Yes

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Cameras.CFG

[CameraDefinition.010]

Title = AI Planes

Guid = {75A8357E-AB58-4294-9416-90C73FAFDD90}

Description = This is the description of the AI aircraft view.

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FlatChaseLocked

InstancedBased = Yes

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare = FALSE

Category = AirTraffic

TargetCategory = Container

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate = 30

HeadingPanRate = 75

PanAcceleratorTime = 0

CycleHidden = Yes

[CameraDefinition.007]

Title = Nearest Tower

Guid = {60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}

Description = This is the description of the tower view.

Origin = Tower

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = Track

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 8.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare = False

Category = Tower

ClipMode = Tower

NoSortTitle = True

CycleHidden = Yes

Hiding these entries removes the views from the sequence, thereby selecting the next one which would likely be a Cockpit view, Virtual cockpit view, Spot view, Flyby view or Locked Spot view. These hidden views however, will still be selectable from the banner Menu > "Views".

The reason that the scenery and therefore sim seems to struggle to display the scenery when these views come up in the cycle, is that the CPU/GPU/sim engine, are trying to instantly display the requested view on-the-fly a long way from the point of the user aircraft, a very taxing situation with addons installed but a vanilla FSX will have seemingly no issues displaying the view instantly. This is very much like loading the entire scenery scenario or a great percentage of it at least, then you might press your View cycle key again, the sim must then catch-up, vast amounts of data must be reloaded if it is not still in Cache. The sim will go into heart attack mode until the last pieces of data are supplied and assembled, this is even more stressful on the system while aircraft is in motion or at highly detailed city or airport scenery.

Excluding these 2 view cycles eliminates them from popping up in Keyboard view cycles. The View sequence will be focused around your user aircraft external and cockpit views.

If it really is so bad, why is it then still out there?

Because people don't care about privacy.

"It's a brave new world out there. At least it better be."

Don't have to worry about three letter intelligence agencies. It's the companies that have a treasure trove of information. on you and know more about you then you think. That's how TV, radio and Internet commercials are created. They use psychologists and other metrics.

There are even radio receivers in areas that know what radio station you are tuned to. It's all based on the IF and mixer of the radio stage of reception in the radio. Related.

Don't be complacent.

In case anyone wants the domains to add to the hosts file.

# nVidia Telemetry

127.0.0.1 gfwsl.geforce.com

127.0.0.1 gfe.geforce.com

127.0.0.1 telemetry.nvidia.com

127.0.0.1 gfe.nvidia.com

127.0.0.1 telemetry.gfe.nvidia.com

127.0.0.1 events.gfe.nvidia.com

::1 gfwsl.geforce.com

::1 gfe.geforce.com

::1 telemetry.nvidia.com

::1 gfe.nvidia.com

::1 telemetry.gfe.nvidia.com

::1 events.gfe.nvidia.com

#Geforce Experience installed

127.0.0.1 gfwsl.geforce.com

::1 gfwsl.geforce.com

Hello Chigley,

Had a look at your pictures and your description of events leading to your issue.

There may or may not be a case for using UIAutomationCore.dll in a FSX Win10 setup, the consensus is that FSX does not need the old Vista version under Windows10.

Windows7 however most definitely needs the Vista UIAutomationCore.dll. Particularly if the OS desktop is Aero Glass theme GUI.

You describe shifting (Cycling) between different views, and then the scenery goes all mushy and the system seems to bog down to the point of being unresponsive. I believe this is a byproduct of the "View cycle" keyboard key Joystick button or menu View selection, where the user cycles to a particular view in the Cycle sequence, the culprit views are usually, AI Planes [CameraDefinition.010] & Nearest Tower [CameraDefinition.007], these can be excluded from the "View cycle" by adding a line to each entry in the "Cameras.CFG" as below.

CycleHidden=Yes

[CameraDefinition.010]

Title = AI Planes

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FlatChaseLocked

InstancedBased = Yes

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare = FALSE

Category = AirTraffic

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate = 30

HeadingPanRate = 75

PanAcceleratorTime = 0

CycleHidden = Yes

[CameraDefinition.007]

Title = Nearest Tower

Origin = Tower

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = Track

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 8.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare = False

Category = Tower

ClipMode = Tower

NoSortTitle = True

CycleHidden = Yes

Hiding these entries removes the views from the sequence, thereby selecting the next one which would likely be a Cockpit view, Virtual cockpit view, Spot view, Flyby view or Locked Spot view. These hidden views however, will still be selectable from the banner Menu > "Views".

The reason that the scenery and therefore sim seems to struggle to display the scenery when these views come up in the cycle, is that the CPU/GPU/sim engine, are trying to instantly display the requested view on-the-fly a long way from the point of the user aircraft, a very taxing situation with addons installed but a vanilla FSX will have seemingly no issues displaying the view instantly. This is very much like loading the entire scenery scenario or a great percentage of it at least, then you might press your View cycle key again, the sim must then catch-up, vast amounts of data must be reloaded if it is not still in Cache. The sim will go into heart attack mode until the last pieces of data are supplied and assembled, this is even more stressful on the system while aircraft is in motion or at highly detailed city or airport scenery.

Excluding these 2 view cycles eliminates them from popping up in Keyboard view cycles. The View sequence will be focused around your user aircraft external and cockpit views.

He said it happens while landing.

OK, I looked at the Events Viewer and under the Windows Log for Apllications and System there were some warnings and errors but as far as my limited (zero) knowledge of the details shown there were nothing which referenced FSX, related applications or my graphics card apparent.

I have downloaded the Display Driver Uninstaller and Nvidia driver 416.94.

Crikey what a song and dance it is to get into Safe mode with W10. F8 didn't work. I ran the uninstaller in Safe mode and then rebooted back to the nominal W10 and installed the Nvidia driver. I'm now going to run FSX, first in it's basic mode and then if trouble free I'll load and use the additional apps to see if it will fail. If it fails I'll take more screen shots, if I can, and look in the event viewer.

il88pp the link you have posted to the uiautomationcore.dll file refers to XP and Vista would they still be current for W10? Being a dunce at software alterring I'll wait until I've tried the graphic driver update before going down that route.

Wish me luck.

I wanna know what those errors and warnings are. You may not think it's related, but could be. And could be indicative of the issue at hand.

OK it was too much to hope for :( I flew a straight forward EGCC to LFMN using the standard FSX 737-800 starting with default engines running, only adjusted fuel load, alt, hdg etc. The total flight took 2.5 hours without a hitch.

Tonight I tried stressing the parameters more using Capt Sim 757-200 base pack , AE Mega Heathrow, GSX ground services - refuel, catering, boarding, pushback. Route EGLL - LFMN, Alt 250, Rwy 9R. Everything went well until after push back and engine start then I used Alt/Enter to go to full screen then I had a scenery crash, I believe! using Alt/Enter regained control but then screen cycles using 'A' produced these erroneous scene variations.

https://imgur.com/a/Zmlh3EW ***Alt/Enter***

https://imgur.com/a/Zmlh3EW ***Flt Deck Pax seat**

https://imgur.com/a/Zmlh3EW *** See through pax cabin***

All screen cycles produced different erroneous views.

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search

Date: 16/11/2018 19:16:36

Event ID: 3037

Task Category: Gatherer

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Description:

Crawl could not be started on content source .

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:

The specified address was excluded from the index. The site path rules may have to be modified to include this address. (HRESULT : 0x80040d07) (0x80040d07)

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Details:

The specified address was excluded from the index. The site path rules may have to be modified to include this address. (HRESULT : 0x80040d07) (0x80040d07)

mapi16://{S-1-5-21-2352529813-1120449043-3685427967-1001}/

Source: EvntAgnt

Date: 16/11/2018 19:04:31

Event ID: 3007

Task Category: None

Description:

Error opening event log file State. Log will not be processed. Return code from OpenEventLog is 87.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

State

Description:

Error opening event log file Parameters. Log will not be processed. Return code from OpenEventLog is 87.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Parameters

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon

Date: 16/11/2018 17:47:19

Event ID: 6000

Description:

The winlogon notification subscriber was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

GPClient

D9060000

Date: 16/11/2018 17:47:19

Description:

The winlogon notification subscriber was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

GPClient

D9060000

Date: 16/11/2018 17:40:42

Description:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

GPClient

D9060000

Date: 16/11/2018 17:34:24

Description:

Error opening event log file State. Log will not be processed. Return code from OpenEventLog is 87.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

State

Date: 16/11/2018 17:34:24

Description:

Error opening event log file Parameters. Log will not be processed. Return code from OpenEventLog is 87.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Parameters

Date: 16/11/2018 17:23:46

Description:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

State

Date: 16/11/2018 17:23:46

Description:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Parameters

Date: 16/11/2018 17:15:42

Description:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

State

Date: 16/11/2018 17:15:42

Description:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Parameters

Date: 16/11/2018 16:42:23

Description:

Details:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Details:

Date: 15/11/2018 14:06:13

Description:

Details:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Details:

Date: 14/11/2018 22:07:15

Description:

Details:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Details:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date: 17/11/2018 23:13:07

Event ID: 10010

Level: Error

User: SYSTEM

Description:

The server {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

{4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}

Date: 17/11/2018 11:27:49

Event ID: 10016

User: DESKTOP-IBDIN91\irc99

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user DESKTOP-IBDIN91\irc99 SID (S-1-5-21-2352529813-1120449043-3685427967-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

application-specific

Local

Activation

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

irc99

S-1-5-21-2352529813-1120449043-3685427967-1001

LocalHost (Using LRPC)

Unavailable

Unavailable

Date: 16/11/2018 22:36:32

Event ID: 10010

Description:

The server {69AD4AEE-51BE-439B-A92C-86AE490E8B30} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

{69AD4AEE-51BE-439B-A92C-86AE490E8B30}

Date: 16/11/2018 19:23:03

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

and APPID

to the user DESKTOP-IBDIN91\irc99 SID (S-1-5-21-2352529813-1120449043-3685427967-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

application-specific

Local

Activation

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

irc99

LocalHost (Using LRPC)

Unavailable

Unavailable

Date: 16/11/2018 19:18:37

Description:

and APPID

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

application-specific

Local

Activation

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

irc99

LocalHost (Using LRPC)

Unavailable

Unavailable

Date: 16/11/2018 19:16:35

Description:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}

and APPID

to the user DESKTOP-IBDIN91\irc99 SID (S-1-5-21-2352529813-1120449043-3685427967-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16040.11001.20108.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

machine-default

Local

Activation

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

irc99

LocalHost (Using LRPC)

Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16040.11001.20108.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Unavailable

Date: 16/11/2018 19:07:35

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection

and APPID

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

application-specific

Local

Launch

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection

Unavailable

NT AUTHORITY

SYSTEM

S-1-5-18

LocalHost (Using LRPC)

Unavailable

Unavailable

Source: SNMP

Event ID: 1500

Description:

The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Hypervisor

Date: 16/11/2018 19:04:02

Event ID: 157

Keywords: (70368744177664)

Description:

The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646 for virtual machines because HyperThreading is enabled and the hypervisor core scheduler is not enabled. To enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646 for virtual machines, enable the core scheduler by running "bcdedit /set hypervisorschedulertype core" from an elevated command prompt and reboot.

Event Xml:

0x8000400000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

Date: 16/11/2018 17:47:18

Event ID: 10005

Description:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

{B52D54BB-4818-4EB9-AA80-F9EACD371DF8}

Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

WSearch

Unavailable

{B52D54BB-4818-4EB9-AA80-F9EACD371DF8}

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date: 16/11/2018 17:40:14

Event ID: 219

Task Category: (212)

Keywords:

Description:

The driver \Driver\NVHDA failed to load for the device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0041&SUBSYS_38423658&REV_1001\5&22e887c&0&0001.

Event Xml:

0x8000000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0041&SUBSYS_38423658&REV_1001\5&22e887c&0&0001

\Driver\NVHDA

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date: 16/11/2018 17:40:14

Event ID: 219

Task Category: (212)

Keywords:

Description:

The driver \Driver\nvvad_WaveExtensible failed to load for the device ROOT\UNNAMED_DEVICE\0000.

Event Xml:

0x8000000000000000

System

DESKTOP-IBDIN91

ROOT\UNNAMED_DEVICE\0000

\Driver\nvvad_WaveExtensible

Are these enough as there are about about 10 - 20 about the time I did the driver update?

Hello Chigley,

CycleHidden=Yes

[CameraDefinition.010]

Title = AI Planes

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FlatChaseLocked

InstancedBased = Yes

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare = FALSE

Category = AirTraffic

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate = 30

HeadingPanRate = 75

PanAcceleratorTime = 0

CycleHidden = Yes

[CameraDefinition.007]

Title = Nearest Tower

Origin = Tower

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = Track

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 8.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare = False

Category = Tower

ClipMode = Tower

NoSortTitle = True

CycleHidden = Yes

I'll do this tomorrow (this morning) it's 00:42 and I've a car to put back together first. *Practicalities before Simulators*

Simple solution if it really is those views.

Press F9 for VC view

F10 for 2D panel view

F11 for spot view

F12 for overhead view.

(that's all you need.:))

If you really want more, select other views by pressing:

"Alt" - for menu bar

and then:

View---Instrument Panel

or\

View---Aircraft---Cockpit

etc.

Just don't use A and S.

Maybe assign them to different functions.

(Alt----Options---Settings---Controls----Keyboard Assignments.)

I did that, because there's nothing more annoying then a view that suddenly shifts unexpected while on final approach.

The problematic views are the ones that are far from the airport.

If you are at one airport, but you view a tower view from another airport, it loads very slowly.

The scenery around your aircraft is already loaded. So looking around you goes smoothly.

But a view from a different tower takes a long time to fully load. It starts out blurry, and slowly the sceney pops into view. Looking from different towers is really not worth it. You usually end up waiting for minutes for scenery to load.

-----

Another thought. These screen artifacts can also be because of an overheating graphics card.

----

For now. Don't do crazy things with the views. Take it slow.

If it then still keeps happening you may need the clean your graphics card and blow the dust out of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, it could be heat issues. Please run GPU-z and report what the temp is under load.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

That's a lot of errors. Try this once. Go to a command prompt by typing cmd into search. Right click the command promp and open it as administrator. Now type this into command prompt: sfc /scannow

Not sure if this is the same for Win 10 or not.

Yeah, it could be heat issues. Please run GPU-z and report what the temp is under load.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

That's a lot of errors. Try this once. Go to a command prompt by typing cmd into search. Right click the command promp and open it as administrator. Now type this into command prompt: sfc /scannow

Not sure if this is the same for Win 10 or not.

https://imgur.com/kqRLXvy

Archived