Choice of Reality GTN 750 or Reality XP GNS530 v2

GunnerOIF2003

Greetings,

Does anyone have either or other suggestions? I'm looking for an add-on that will work nicely as well as high def. Are they complete packages or do you require additional payware. The standard flight planner and GPS in FSX Steam is not working for me very well, no issues, I am just looking for better replacements.

Thanks in Advance.

Gunner-19

OIF 2003

US Army, (Ret)

Reality XP makes some pretty decent gauges. I had most in FS9. I loved my SANDEL TAWS gauge.

I bought the 750 last year and try as I might I could not for the life of me to get it working. Kept saying something about a path issue. I even made posts at their support subforum at Avsim. No luck. I may purchase it again and try installing to the root of C drive instead of the program files and see what happens. Puzzles the crap out of me. Especially since everyone else can run it. Now get this. Out of desperation I reinstalled Windows, upgraded the GPU and the PSU. STILL no go. LOL And I'm not exactly computer stupid either. Like I said, I asked for help at AVsim. No go there.

You might want the GTN 750. It has a built in TAWS (Terrain Alert Warning System). Not sure if the GTN 530 has one or not. The real GTN 750 has weather as well, but this gauge does not.

And don't confuse TAWS with GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System). GPWS uses radar to show elevation above terrain. While TAWS uses a built-in database of terrain to warn on impeding doom ahead of you.

Archived