What happened? What's going on with Store FlightSim?

cheetah621

What happened? Did I missed something?

The lack of explanation or communication on the break up of the FSPilotShop.com and FlightSim.com, both of which I've been a long time member of, have bought several products from the former, have downloaded many many megabytes worth of files from the latter, is unsettling.

Here in this forum, I find the lack of answers to similar inquires as mine unsatisfactory and unsettling. Are such posts being deleted by the mods here?

I have not bought anything from FSPilotShop.com since the breakup.

And now we have a brand new store. It came into existence without any explanations. I have not create an account with this store.

Else where, I am seeing several reports from different sources that have stated the new Store FlightSim are not paying their monthly fees to third-party vendors/creators for several months, while Store FlightSim continues to sell their products during those time. If this is true, that is very unsettling news to hear.

I wish to continue supporting Flightsim.com, I wish to support FSPilotShop.com, and I'll welcome Store FlightSim, too. But at the moment, none of the actions taken by all the involved parties have inspired or regained my confidence in them.

Can someone clear this up?

• Founder

You must have missed our news when we announced the new store opening:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?18770-Announcing-Store-FlightSim-Com

We are no longer associated with FSPilotShop and if you wish to support FlightSim.Com and help pay our bills so we can continue to operate we'd ask that you shop at our new FlightSim.Com store at:

https://store.flightsim.com

Thank you for your support!

• Founder

Else where, I am seeing several reports from different sources that have stated the new Store FlightSim are not paying their monthly fees to third-party vendors/creators for several months, while Store FlightSim continues to sell their products during those time. If this is true, that is very unsettling news to hear.

I also wanted to respond to this separately. The reports you've heard are about another completely different store, "Flight Sim Store" (http://www.flightsimstore.com) which is located on literally the opposite side of the world from us (Australia to be specific). Despite the confusingly similar name we have absolutely no relationship with this business, which does appear to be having difficulties for some time now.

Nels Anderson,

Thank you for your response. I appreciated hearing from someone directly involved. I did saw the Store FlightSim's news announcement and it did not offered an explanation on the reason that led to the break up.

However, today, I realized that the reason for the break up did not really matter to me in the long run. I suspected that might be a reason for your not sharing what happened to the public. Instead, it is how this was handled by FlightSim.com that that I realized I find unsettling.

From the breakup to the creation of the Store FlightSim, there wasn't any communication to the customers that I saw. Nothing on the front page. FSPilotShop.com's button simply went missing. I had to dig into this forum for answers, which wasn't much at the time.

There should have been a new webpage in the place of the former location of FSPilotShop.com link/button, explaining the situation and pointing out that I could still find my stuff at FSPilotShop.com if I google for the store. I had a lot of investments into FSPilotShop.com and finding it gone from FlightSim.com was a great source of stress for me that day.

Please communicate with your customers the next time something major has happened or will happen. A tweet, a front page article, etc, anything except the silence.

Thank you for clearing up the confusion in the store's names. I did not realized there were two stores with similar names. Flightsimstore.com not paying their vendors was what prompted me to write this post because that's a behavior I do not wish to support. With that in mind, everywhere I saw Flightsim store in this context, it was natural and very easy for me to think that Store Flightsim was the one being referenced here. It made for a bad impression on a newly created online store. I'm sure I won't be the last one to make this mistake. I suggested renaming the store to something more unique so flightsimstore.com's troubles do not have a direct impact on Store FlightSim's reputation.

By the way, congratulations on having your own online store! I wish you all the best lucks.

• 1 year later...
Its been a while since I loaded up FSX so had not been paying attention (FS2020 just got me so excited I had to jump back in) to flightsim store, I too had couple of hundred gbp invested .. this is why online downloads with small companies is an issue..guess backup the files next time.. but wanted to know have people been getting their files directly from the developers ? I.e I have orbx and REX products I now dont have access to.

• Founder

By your description, I believe your problem is with "The Flight Sim Store" which was an Australian company but went out of business last year. At one time some years back they were a reseller for Orbx products but Orbx cut ties with them quite a while ago.

The original topic of this thread, "FS Pilot Shop", was a U.S. based company that also went out of business last year.

At one time FS Pilot Shop was our "official" store. Over the years we've had such associations with several stores, going back to Flight Sim Central (for anyone with a long memory) and even briefly with Simmarket. FlightSim.Com has never had any business relationship at all with the Australian "The Flight Sim Store" but their name has always confused people because they chose a name so similar to ours.

As for getting help, the publishers are all aware of the problems with these stores. I suspect if you contact Orbx or Rex directly they will be able to help you, so that's what I would advise.

As for backing up, yes, that's always good advice! Unfortunately, all too many people only learn this lesson the hard way.