does anyone know how to install the project airbus a321?

jchinowsky

i need help installing the project airbus a321 on fsx steam edition i did exactly what the instructions in the readme said to do.

i installed a livery for it but it dint show up in the aircraft selection menu. no matter what i try it will not show up. please help thanks

i tried 2 different livery's but it dint show a thumbnail in the menu for either of them. the livery's i used came with the project airbus livery installer so i used that. could that be causing the problem?

Never heard of a project airbus livery installer. Please answer the questions in post #4 for further assistance.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Never heard of a project airbus livery installer. Please answer the questions in post #4 for further assistance.

Charlie - Either the OP thinks this might be a trick question of you, or he really has no idea of what you want from him??? Hello???? All this time and he still might have the download in his files, but just missing a thumbnail? It will be interesting to see how he responds, if any at all!

Rick :cool:

Charlie - Either the OP thinks this might be a trick question of you, or he really has no idea of what you want from him??? Hello???? All this time and he still might have the download in his files, but just missing a thumbnail? It will be interesting to see how he responds, if any at all!

I don't understand either! If no thumbnail, then he should still see a Questionmark aircraft in the select screen. There are multitudes of reasons why a repaint or aircraft won't show. Having the specific downloads used will certainly help in diagnosing the problem. Also Project airbuses usually propagate at the bottom of the Select Page, not under Airbus at the top.

thumbnail.jpg

I hear all that, Charlie! This has always irked me, people pleading for help and then they just walk away, like it really wasn't that big of a problem in the first place. At least he could do, is give you the name of the downloaded file, where it came from and let you respond to it. If he doesn't do anything from that point on, then you can be doing something else on a quiet Sunday morning/afternoon!

Have a nice day, my friend!

Or more likely, based on the comment made at post #7, it could be that the OP has downloaded some repaints only but has not got the base aircraft model...……..

Or it could be that the installer mentioned may be a basic 'auto-installer' provided by the repaint author that simply installs the repaint files into a expected default location - which in this case may be a problem as it may be for the boxed version of FSX and not FSX-SE ……….

Regards

Brian

@Rick and Brian. Yep, all true about what is going on. I have 2 Project Aribuses, both A-319s in 2 different liveries. I think both downloaded from the File Library. Both show at the bottom of my Select Page.

Project Airbus.JPG

i have the base model of the a321 i downloaded it from avsim i have the american airlines N114NN which i also got from avsim. the livery came with sharklets and when i installed it there was no thumbnail or question mark.then i tried installing a alitalia livery with no sharklets and that worked fine.

i have the base model of the a321 i downloaded it from avsim i have the american airlines N114NN which i also got from avsim. the livery came with sharklets and when i installed it there was no thumbnail or question mark.then i tried installing a alitalia livery with no sharklets and that worked fine.

Now we're smokin'! A livery with "Sharklets" is only for the Sharklets model and will not show on a non-sharklets model. It sounds like you are trying (unsuccessfully) to mix and match models and liveries.

ok thanks do you know where i can get the PA a321 model with sharklets?

Let me take a look and see if there is a full aircraft download for a Project Airbus A-321 American Air Lines with sharklets.

Let me take a look and see if there is a full aircraft download for a Project Airbus A-321 American Air Lines with sharklets.

Charlie - Not meaning to step in here on you! I tried to see where the OP went wrong on this, using AVSIM downloads. I found the Project Airbus base package and a AA321 livery with sharklets. If you need these, let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205854[/ATTACH]

Rick

Charlie - Not meaning to step in here on you! I tried to see where the OP went wrong on this, using AVSIM downloads. I found the Project Airbus base package and a AA321 livery with sharklets. If you need these, let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205854[/ATTACH]

Rick

Thanks, Give him the links. Finding a full package wasn't too successful. I did find a link to an A-321 base model with sharklets. https://forums.metroairvirtual.com/index.php?topic=14511.0 Scroll down a bit to see the download links.

downwind66 does the a321 base pack come with the sharklets model?

You know after I sent the pic, I realized these wing tips weren't the full blown sharklets like you are wanting, the large sharklets.

Base package comes with NOTHING as far as texture goes. It does come with a few texture files, which are not needed once you find the texture you are needing.

Okay, here is what I think you downloaded for a base package:

pa321_base_pack_fsx.zip

I found an American texture to go with this base pack, but the aircraft "N" numbers do not match the ones you provided earlier, which suggests you used another texture download. My download is:

aa_a321.zip

Okay, here's the tricky part and maybe where you went wrong?

Download each of these files from AVSIM if you like, they worked for me! Extract these downloads to a Temp file.

My Temp5 folder ended up with these:

aa_A321 (this is the Texture folder)

Contains texture.aal

Also contains Readme file which will go into your aircraft.cfg file

A jpeg pic of the A321 which you will not need

Effects This folder contains 2 files which will go to your main FSX Effects folder

SimObjects\Airplanes folder which will have two sub folder in it. You have to chose one:

ProjectAirbus A321-211

ProjectAirbus A321-231

More to follow, stay tuned!!!

I will end this with what I did on my end:

Copy & Paste to your SimObjects\Airplanes folder, Project Airbus A321-231

Open the Effects folder and then, copy and paste to your main FSX Effects folder, the 2 files

Open the aa_321 folder. Copy & Paste the texture.aal file to your Project Airbus A321-231 folder.

You will see another texture folder existing on the Project Airbus A321-231 folder. Delete that, it has duplicate files that are no longer needed.

Open the Readme file, it should look like this:

[fltsim.x]

title=Airbus A321 American Airlines

sim=AirbusA321-IAE-ProjectAirbus

model=

panel=A

sound=

texture=aal

kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check

kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref

atc_id=N321AN

atc_airline=American Airlines

atc_heavy=0

atc_flight_number=1165

atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP

atc_parking_codes=AAL

ui_manufacturer=Airbus

ui_type=A321

ui_variation=American Airlines

ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby=Project Airbus - Luis Quintero

visual_damage=1

description=repaint by J. Breitkopf [ jb.planespott@yahoo.de ]

You need to copy and paste this section to the top of your aircraft.cfg file!!!

Almost done, here is the tricky part that you might have missed on your original. Sim entry in your aircraft.cfg file has to read the same as the .air file, so you will rename the Sim line to read:

sim=pa321-v2533

You will also see panel=A, drop that A completely

I think that is about it. follow the steps in the order that I typed the and you should be "good to go!"

My name is Rick, post any questions or PM me and we can get this going for you. If you look at the pic I posted you will see the little sharklets, maybe that is what you wanted. I guess they call the large turned up wingtips also sharklets? This is the best I can do in the American Airlines livery.

Enjoy - Rick

JC - Never did give us your name? Anyway, question for you! Are you really "dead set" on this Project Airbus American Airline download? I just got done getting this one all set. The download desperately needs some tweeking, weight on fuel is over gross. Aircraft configuration for engine power is only sitting on half of what it should have. I have mine where it is a good flyer. If you've done the tweeking to freeware aircraft, you might be able to sort thru it all.

Another option, you can always go into either this site's library or AVSIM and find a repaint/texture specifically for the default A321 and will probably have a better or easier way of getting your A321 in the American Airline Livery. I currently have about 4 or 5 attached to my default A321 files and they work just fine! It's up to you, I have found, it's very easy to find repaint/textures to go with your default file, uses less disc space, very little tweeking, if any, and you can save some of your hair in the process! Up to you, let me know, and I can help with that method if you need help!

Rick

Archived