FS9: Greatest Airliners Boeing 727: no-show

Hello,

I have installed the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on my computer. I later installed several aircraft add-ons from different websites (such as Project Opensky, Historic Jetliners Group, Flightsim, etc.), without any problems at all. And they work as they should in the flight simulator. When I downloaded and installed the Greatest Airliners/Dreamfleet Boeing 727, everything seemed to go as it should. The only problem is, although the 727 names show up in the aircraft selection list, when I select one of them, the flight simulator immediately closes down. How do I get them to work as they should? My computer has Windows 8.1 for the operating system. Other information: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. Intel Core i7-3840QM cpu @ 2.8 GHz. 8.00GB RAM.

Whatever help you can give me is very much appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Saw this a couple of days ago and have been thinking about it ....

when I select one of them, the flight simulator immediately closes down.

A badly or incorrectly formatted texture BMP can cause precisely symptom described .... FS crashing to desktop.

In this case the livery will appear fine within the FS aircraft selection menu .... but .... as soon as one attempts to load it into FS .... it's at this very point a CTD will occur .... in the case of a badly/incorrectly formatted texture BMP.

I don't know how the DF B727 textures are formatted .... I don't have, and have never used, that particular product, but, "IF" I'm right .... then .... one would need to check, and possibly reformat (maybe using a texture conversion utility like DXT.BMP) each individual texture BMP within the livery causing this CTD problem.

Although I don't/can't guarantee this is the cause of your issue .... I have seen, and resolved, this sort of issue many times in the past and as described above.

It's probably unlikely to be caused by one of DF's own B727 textures .... but .... possible in the case of someone else's add-on texture set for for this particular product.

MRC

Archived