Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Card Error Popup

Just downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my card, still got the error.

Col.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    I forgot, I did a restart to get back to the screen, then tried starting FSX with the GTX disabled, then the message popped up again.
    double checked the FSX.cfg and it does say my display device is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti
    Also checked the FS9 cfg that that too says the display device is GTX.

mallcott, forgive my ignorance but what is RMI ?
    Repair, Maintenance and Improvement: A standard aviation (and computing) expression...

Either the card has gone faulty or the power supply has failed. The failure of the GTX 1050i to appear in your hardware settings indicates NOT a FSX (or FS2004 or any simulator) failure.

You could check your power supply and power connectors.

Hi Col,

Just wondering if this is related to a Shaders cache issue. The Shader folder(s) store files which contain instructions and codes that are frequently accessed by FSX and the contents of the cache is updated each time FSX is run. However, this can occasionally cause issues, especially when settings of fsx.CFG are changed or system is toggled between DX9 and DX10, etc.

Your FSX.cfg should have entries relating to Shaders - they are found under the [GRAPHICS] section should look something like these examples:

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672
    SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

PRIMED= is for DX9 mode and PRIMED_10= is for DX10 mode. The numbers after the = sign is based on the selected FSX settings and configuration and therefore will/may be different.

You may also see an entry like this one - D3D10=0 - this is a reference to whether you are using DX10, a 0 indicates you currently have DX10 turned off whilst a 1 will indicate that DX10 is enabled.

A solution may be to delete the contents of the Shaders folder(s) - FSX will rebuild the contents when it is next run. Note that there are a number of folders called Shaders associated with FSX and the one(s) that we are interested in are located at C:\Users\<AccountName>AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX - here you will find a folder called Shaders and you may also find a second folder called Shaders10 - and each folder will have a number of subfolders.

Simply delete either the contents of the subfolders or the subfolders themselves - leave the main Shaders/Shaders10 folders present

As always I suggest you make backups BEFORE taking any action by making copies of the Shaders and Shaders10 folders.
    Regards

Brian

4. Default

Hi Col,

What might your Dxdiag diagnostic tool, be saying about enabled Graphics components (Graphics tab). These should all show "Enabled" for both 32bit and 64bit Dxdiag
    DirectDraw Acceleration:
    Direct3D Acceleration:
    AGP Texture Acceleration:

It may show DX11 or DX12, this is fine because that is the API capability that your graphics card/OS can run, but FSX runs in DX9c or DX10 mode, you may need to run the Directx End User Runtime updater for DX9c Runtime components. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Just trying to help

Cheers Jethro

Hi Jethrom, is this any clue?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dxdiag.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	205815

I ran the updater and it said It was up to date.

Col.

I'm now thinking of running the 'Repair' function.

8. Default

Hi Col,

Your Dxdiag Graphics panel looks as it should, (no problems there)! The reported total memory seems odd for a 4Gig card (mine a GTX770 4Gb (4096) shows 4095 with 1 Mb shared.

I know this must be a very frustrating problem, please don't arbitrarily change things in your system with (Repair).
    I've been researching any bing Google search for the wording in your error message, the consensus is that the problem is not FSX issue, but is pointing to a conflicted or incompatable driver (mixture of driver components that don't play nicely together), so don't mess with repair at this point also don't use the OS repair at this point either.

Have you considered using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely remove any and all driver components wherever they may reside on your system, and then install the Display driver version that came on installation disk shipped with your GTX1050Ti graphics card. When doing so it would be advisable to run the Nvidia installer (As Administrator) giving full admin permissions to components being installed.

DDU will remove all driver components conflicting or otherwise, leaving you with an opportunity to install an un-conflicted driver version, DDU needs to be run in "Safe Mode" after reboot into safe mode. Please read the instructions (Usage Tutorial) before running DDU so that you can select the right options. Make sure you are ready with your Disk version Nvidia driver when DDU has completed, restart/reboot your system then install the fresh driver.
    With win 10 you should disconnect the internet connection so that win10 Win Update does not try to install a new driver automatically on restart. For Win7 & 8.1 temporarily disable MS update to never check for updates" it would be advisable also when resetting this option to use the Check but choose so that you can avoid installing bad drivers in future, (*** Vet all Win Updates and drivers before installing ***) especially WDDM Graphics drivers.

DDU usage tutorial: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial
    DDU download v18.0.0.3: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/v...php?f=5&t=1288

Cheers Jethro
    Last edited by jethrom; 11-09-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks again jethrom & Brian above, I tried both methods but still the error popped up.

Just as a side issue, when I start FS9 that starts OK and the cfg for that says I have the GTX, also it may be my imagination but the graphics seem slightly better as well.

All my other programs are OK graphic wise, so the problem to my mind lies somewhere with FSX.
    I'm dreading having to re-install it again, that will be my last resort.

Col.

Geez! I got to the stage I was desperate, so ran the 'Repair' went to start FSX and you guessed it, the error was still there.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast