Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Card Error Popup

Default Graphics Card Error Popup

Had FSX running perfect for ages with the setup I have, then all of a sudden this popup came on the screen.
    My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 Ti which displays other things no problem and has displayed FSX no problem till now.

Any Ideas please?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	display.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	205805

Take a look for Shape Services iDisplay and Air Display Graphics Adapter in your Device Manager. If you see it, then disable it. It may have been added as an update to your Graphics card.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Nothing showing in the Device Manager for the devices you mentioned.
    I re-installed the Nvidia drivers but that didn't cure it.
    Tried system restore but no avail.

Col.

4. Default

Hi Col,

I was going to suggest bios to check you have not enabled iGPU or somesuch, but Mr Zippy has a much better recommendation "iDisplay" a software update sounds much more likely since your setup clearly complies with FSX graphics requirements.

I've made the mistake once before allowing MS to replace my Graphics driver with WDDM and had some unforseen issues, it is the first time I've heard of the iDisplay AG WDDM v1.1 driver update but there's a first for everything.
    Discovering which driver you may be running or which may now be conflicting with the recent reinstall may be misdirecting you. It won't show in device manager because (AG iDisplay Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) is a driver update or updater for WDDMv1.1 installed by a third party driver update Program or by MS Update, they "MS & Win10" do tend to force their WDDM graphics drivers onto the unsuspecting. (WDDM are really only good for office desktops and laptops that have not been updated within the normal update cycle. Where gaming graphics is concerned they fail miserably)
    Even though you have reinstalled your Nvidia driver there could be some lingering components of the WDDMv1.1 driver affecting your recent reinstallation. Not unusual to find conflicting driver components requiring a clean fresh graphics driver install.
    If you are looking for it try the list of recent MS updates on your system, you may need to uninstall it and immediately (clean fresh) install your preferred version Nvidia drivers. Also check your installed Programs list it might be listed there.

btw - system restore often won't reinstate your original Video drivers, sometimes even Win10 will want to immediately replace the drivers with the same problematic one, you must over-ride this situation.

I looked in the fsx.cfg and a different display was showing, so I changed it to my display and restarted FSX but still the error popped up.

Funny you mentioned Windows update, I did an update earlier this morning for Windows 7, this could be the problem.
    I can't check now because one of my grandkids is staying the night and he's watching videos on the PC, I'm on my laptop at the moment lol.

Col.

Hi Col,

Try this.....

Make a backup copy of the current FSX.cfg file and then delete the current .cfg file. Start FSX - it build a new one and will hopefully sort out the problem. If the new one works OK you can cross reference the new .cfg with the backup to re-instate any tweaks AND look to see if you can see any entry(ies) that may have caused the issue.

If a new .cfg doesn't work then another possible solution would be to disable the GTX in device manger and then see if FSX will run just using the inbuilt Intel GPU. If it runs on the Intel, you can then look at possibly completely uninstalling the GTX in device manger, rebooting and letting windows find it again.
    Regards

Brian

Hi Bri, I already tied the building a new cfg but when I click on FSX it only gets as far as the screen I uploaded in my first post.

I will try the other idea but as yet can't get on my pc lol.

I tried your other option Brian, my screen just went black now I can't see a thing, don't know how to enable the the GTX now to get it back to normal.

Col.

Your GC has gone faulty.
    RMI it.

I forgot, I did a restart to get back to the screen, then tried starting FSX with the GTX disabled, then the message popped up again.
    double checked the FSX.cfg and it does say my display device is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti
    Also checked the FS9 cfg that that too says the display device is GTX.

mallcott, forgive my ignorance but what is RMI ?

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast