NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti driver 353.62 update fails

I've been trying for several months now to update subject driver to the latest version of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti version 353.62 with no joy.

Last successful update occurred on 12-9-2017. My event log since then has consistently shown failure to update this driver. Java is loaded on my system.

The latest version for the GTX 750 Ti is 416.34, placed on NVIDIA's website 10-11-2018 for download. My PC automatically asks for the download every Wednesday at 3 p.m., yet still no luck.

Any constructive comments would be appreciated!

Full disclosure information which may help anyone who is kind enough to try to help me: this PC is dedicated to only one game: Flight Simulator X. No programs are run on it except those necessary for the simulator + whatever programs are necessary for Win 7 Pro OS and Avast antivirus.

Thanks!

bushp04

ASUS B85M -E/CSM LGA1150 uATX MOTHERBOARD

INTEL CORE i3-4330 3.5GHz LGA1150 4MB

4GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti 2G/DDR5DVI/HDMI/DP

Kingston V300 2.5" Solid State Drive 240GB

Windows 7 Professional

Coolermaster Elite 431 Case

EPower 500W PSU

Initially, my own thoughts were that this game is, let us say, dated, so the technology required to run it may not have to be as high-performance as the newer war games and such. But what do I know--that's why I came here. rolleyes.gif :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

I saw your post a seven forums as well.

You should be able to get the manual driver download, but Nvidia wants their BS experience privacy invading crap on your computer. I block all of their IPs in the host file and chose custom install while installing the driver.

Now here's what REALLY PISSES ME OFF! This crap.

bb2JE5n.jpg

No matter what browser you use that spinning bullcrap shows up. They just once again want their privacy invading crap on your computer.

I'm here to tell you though. It is not necessary to update the GPU all the time unless you are having issues. If you don't have any issues with your video card then you don't need to update. But seen as how your auto update from experience isn't working it could be Avast. Try turning off Avast and running the update manually.

Updates can pose problems as well. Meaning if there's an issue you either downgrade or wait for a new version to be released that fixes the issue.

Anyone interested on what IPs call home from Nvidia here they are. Add them to your hosts file.

# nVidia Telemetry

127.0.0.1 gfwsl.geforce.com

127.0.0.1 gfe.geforce.com

127.0.0.1 telemetry.nvidia.com

127.0.0.1 gfe.nvidia.com

127.0.0.1 telemetry.gfe.nvidia.com

127.0.0.1 events.gfe.nvidia.com

::1 gfwsl.geforce.com

::1 gfe.geforce.com

::1 telemetry.nvidia.com

::1 gfe.nvidia.com

::1 telemetry.gfe.nvidia.com

::1 events.gfe.nvidia.com

#Geforce Experience installed

127.0.0.1 gfwsl.geforce.com

::1 gfwsl.geforce.com

About as bad as Winblows 10.

There is a tool to do this, but why run extra crap?

I saw your post a seven forums as well.

You should be able to get the manual driver download, but Nvidia wants their BS experience privacy invading crap on your computer. I block all of their IPs in the host file and chose custom install while installing the driver.

Now here's what REALLY PISSES ME OFF! This crap.

bb2JE5n.jpg

No matter what browser you use that spinning bullcrap shows up. They just once again want their privacy invading crap on your computer.

I'm here to tell you though. It is not necessary to update the GPU all the time unless you are having issues. If you don't have any issues with your video card then you don't need to update. But seen as how your auto update from experience isn't working it could be Avast. Try turning off Avast and running the update manually.

Updates can pose problems as well. Meaning if there's an issue you either downgrade or wait for a new version to be released that fixes the issue.

Thanks for your response, CRJ_simpilot! I have about come to the same conclusion as you (---no issues, why update driver?).

It's the just that I saw so many calls by my PC to NVIDIA with all fails.

I did try the the manual download from NVIDIA's website, plus turned off AVAST, but still nothing.

Why do I care about NVIDIA invading my privacy (as long as it's passive and not aggressive)? I figure there's a big party going on inside my PC with the only invitees being programs that my computer "must" use--only they didn't invite me! I could be wrong.

Appreciate your input!

Best regards,

bushp04

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Whut is a firewall? DOH! (Only kidding!) ;) Don't have a firewall of which I'm aware, anyway.

bushp04

If you have installed no dedicated 3rd party firewall or other internet/anti-virus security product that contains a dedicated firewall then you will be using the default OS inbuilt firewall....

You will be able to change the settings in the Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance page - click on the Security heading to see the hidden options.....

Regards

Brian

Archived