Alphasim/Virtavia B-52 repaints, any interest?

BobSeaman

Is there any interest if I post some repaints for Alpha's old FS9 B-52's?

I've been working on this project for a while :rolleyes: and figured I as may as well upload the good repaints. If there's no interest, that's OK. The Alpha B-52 is a handful to taxi and fly (the dynamics are surprisingly good and accurate) and rewards the patient flight simmer.

Repaints:

-Modern B-52H, 23rd BW Minot. This BW has been done before, my version has some slight differences.

-1990's B-52H, 93rd BW, Fairchild AFB. Three versions, SIOP II (dark gray and green) plain ("By Dawn's Early Light"), SIOP II "Eagle tail" (winners of SAC's last Bomb Comp), "The Watchman" overall dark gray with the post-SAC FC tail code and red/black checkered tail flash.

- Early 80's B-52H as seen in a PSA titled SAC:The Global Shield. Basically, the classic "three-green" SIOP camo over gloss white with a tan radome and generic SAC badge. "Three green" means the colors look like dark green, light green, and tan but are really three shades of FS standard green. :p

-Mid 80's B-52G, 43rd Strat Wing, Andersen AFB Guam. The end of the line for the old SIOP camo over gloss white. Camo in dark gray, light gray, and tan. The nose, radome, and tail turret are dark gray with badges for SAC and the 43rd wing. One of the more "B-A" looking B-52's. :cool:

-Mid 70's B-52G, 42nd BW, Loring AFB. Classic "three green" SIOP camo with green/white radome and 42nd BW badge. Painted from memory, my family used to enjoy going to Loring for their "open house" days plus we lived close to the old IR-800/Ashland Bomb Plot route so I grew up watching Buffs and FB-111s flying low level. :D

-Some more I might have forgotten. :confused:

All repaints include details like red edging around the glass of the STBD chin turret, alternate glass texture, bare metal panels behind the tail planes, etc., etc. Plus, the VC's look a little more accurate. I could also include the .air and .cfg files I converted for FS2002 pilots.

Cool, I'll crank out some readme files this weekend and start uploading, probably next week.

Sascha, I don't run FSX. Heck, I don't run FS9. I'm an FS2002 dinosaur. :cool:

These repaints work fine in FS9 and FS2002. They should work in FSX but I have no way to test them. These repaints are specific to the Virtavia/Alphasim B-52's (which are now freeware and can be downloaded from Virtavia's web site). I know some folks have flown them in FSX or used them for FSX scenery objects/AI but understand that this is NOT the Capt. Sim "BUFF Driver" B-52. The Virtavia MDL files have some challenges and I've done as much as I can to make these repaints as accurate as possible.

Guest Sascha66
Cool, I'll crank out some readme files this weekend and start uploading, probably next week.

Sascha, I don't run FSX. Heck, I don't run FS9. I'm an FS2002 dinosaur. :cool:

These repaints work fine in FS9 and FS2002. They should work in FSX but I have no way to test them. These repaints are specific to the Virtavia/Alphasim B-52's (which are now freeware and can be downloaded from Virtavia's web site). I know some folks have flown them in FSX or used them for FSX scenery objects/AI but understand that this is NOT the Capt. Sim "BUFF Driver" B-52. The Virtavia MDL files have some challenges and I've done as much as I can to make these repaints as accurate as possible.

Great, I'll be back home then just in time to grab them!

..and finally, "Alphasim-B52Hx4plus.zip". :)

This set includes four repaints for the Alphasim B-52H.

- A very generic SIOP camo B-52 from a 1980 PSA titled "SAC:The Global Shield".

- Two aircraft from the 92nd BW, Fairchild AFB. One from the ACC era, one from the SAC era with some alternate textures included.

- A modern B-52 from the 5th BW, 23rd BS, Minot AFB (fictional nose art).

- The usual bells and whistles from the last upload (VC details, an .air file for FS2002, gear and scrape taxi mod, etc.).

Please read the readme file, it took me long enough to write it. :p

Guest Sascha66
Sweet, I'm on a business trip, will download as soon as I get home! Thank you for all this work, I did some repaints years back and I know how much of a pita it is to pull everything together for publishing!

Archived