Chris Bell Black Marble Beware

MrUnSavory

Recently I bought Chris Bell Black Marble Base pack and Black Marble Vector. After having followed the instructions for Install and disabling the appropriate entry's in ORBX I lost my road traffic. I posted on Chris Bell's forum about this issue and received a very rude response. All I was trying to do was get clarification on why my road traffic was gone and what I had to do to get it back with their product. Turns out I would have had to spend another $50.00 just to get cars on my roads. Another $30 dollars to get my bridges back. On top of the $120.00 for their base package and Vector Package. This brings the total to a whopping $200.00 for this scenery.

Between the price, the poor and rude customer support and the fact that they do not clarify before purchase what you will lose when installing this base and vector package I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.

Buyers Beware. We work hard for our money. I will be uninstalling this product and sticking with my ORBX. $200 is not worth fancy night lighting.

Ross G.

Wow! Thanks for that. I was interested in Black Marble, but after I read about it I had some reservations and didn't pull the trigger. Now I'm glad I didn't.

If he's a U.S. based seller, report him to the Better Business Bureau. And their support suxx!

Probably one of many reasons he was banned at AVSIM and no mention of his products or site is allowed.

He must not have bribery money then. Flight Sim Labs got caught using malware that steals passwords entered in their customers' web browsers, and Avsim aggressively shuts down and deletes any conversation that attempts to warn people about it.

He must not have bribery money then. Flight Sim Labs got caught using malware that steals passwords entered in their customers' web browsers, and Avsim aggressively shuts down and deletes any conversation that attempts to warn people about it.

Because it went on, and on, and ON! You know, like flogging the dead horse:rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

There are lots of topics over there, and here, and really any hobby-centric forum that are covered ad-nauseum but they aren't sanitized by the mods. There are always new people in the hobby, or people like myself who have been in the hobby for decades but spent many of those decades unwilling or unable to pay serious dollars for freeware and therefore didn't bother looking into companies selling $100 planes until recently.

I'm glad someone PM'd me with the needed information because I was ready to pull the trigger on their A320 until someone alerted me to the shady crap they get up to. If Avsim really just wanted to not see it said over and over again, they'd make it a sticky. That they aggressively delete any mention of it and have scrubbed their forums clean of all information on it strongly suggests an intentional coverup.

He must not have bribery money then.

That's not a very intelligent comment. Shows that you haven't a clue as to what really happened. However, you are entitled to your opinion.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived