Never Give Up

Cole

Very clever VSTOL landing there Cole, (did you nail it on the first attempt), it takes some very clever planning & flying skills to get the F-35b JSF lightning II down in such a small location, I have this F-35 and have not quite mastered the hover or VSTOL landing even on a runway, sometimes all goes well but more often than not it ends in tears.

Nice shot, of the F-35b on what I believe is a default oil rig, but where?

Off of LA? Maybe the Gulf? How about Australia or the North Sea?

There's oil rigs available all over the world. You just need to look a little. Heck, there's 9 of them in the library here on Flightsim. Just use OIL RIG as your search parameter. I know there are a number of others at other libraries.

Still, nice landing! Persistence Pays :D

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Off of LA? Maybe the Gulf? How about Australia or the North Sea?

Agree there Pat, lots to download & choose from. There was an FSX promo video way back when, had a JetRangerII flying out to a oilrig fire (save the crew get a badge).

Speckled around Australia West Aussie coast and Tassie Bass straight there quite a few, running a FSX Oilrig mission (can't remember where that oilrig was might have been off the Californian coast) might get you there in a Bell JetrangerII then load a F-35b while landed on the helipad. Hover till you master the controls then scoot away for a proper VSTOL approach, (not so easy).

Very clever VSTOL landing there Cole, (did you nail it on the first attempt), it takes some very clever planning & flying skills to get the F-35b JSF lightning II down in such a small location, I have this F-35 and have not quite mastered the hover or VSTOL landing even on a runway, sometimes all goes well but more often than not it ends in tears.

Took several tries to get it in. The rigs are off the Louisiana Coast in the Gulf of Mexico. Found the file in either Flightsims or Avsim scenery libraries. Tried to load file here but no joy (FSX_Gen_Gom_Rigs.BGL). I was even able to leave without ditching.

Say Roy, I admire your ongoing hope..:eek: But eeh.... Btw: perhaps I can arrange a used helo for you. Not too expensive. Just as a friendly gesture to a fellow simmer. :)

Thanks, but I have plenty of choppers, even one that is strictly used for taking trips out to these rigs.

Archived