FS2004 century of flight installation on windows 10 based computers

canopancho

Ladies and gentlemen, i have been a microsoft flight simulator user since it hit the market. Everything has been working fine until the transition from windows xp to 7 then to 8 then to windows 10. I have bought all these softwares legally and have the original disks and passwords. When windows 10 was imposed on all windows base users, all flight simulators became nonfunctional, especially fs2004 and fsx.

After researching all available forums in the internet regarding this problem, i was able to figure out how to get fsx functioning properly on my windows 10 based asus gaming laptop; however, i have failed with fs2004 century of flight. Everything seems to install correctly from the disks but it never works.

The original f-104 starfighter from cloud9 from italy, is the best f-104 flight simulator fighter plane developed but i cannot run it any more because i have not been able to run fs4 on my windows 10 based laptop . I have bought and used the simskunkworks f-104 starfighter version, but i feel the fs2004 version is still better, but i cannot use it. Have any of you figured out this problem, and if you have, would you please advise the process step by step, so i can use this software again?

You can answer my question on this forum or to my email. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and kindness.

Sincerely,

canopancho

Hi Canopancho,

As you can see your email address was removed by Nels - who is the site admin.

This is because it is a bad ideal to post your personal email address in such forums. It can lead to you getting a lot of spam or worse...….

I have Private Messaged (PM) you with some info regarding FS2004 so check your PM box...…...

Regards

Brian

all flight simulators became nonfunctional, especially fs2004 and fsx.

This isn't true. FSX never stopped working on my rig when I went from Windows 7 to 10. I even re-installed it a few times after wiping the whole system, and never had an issue. In fact, even though I've moved entirely to p3d, FSX is still on the system and still works.

I know you ended up getting it working, but I'm mentioning this because it suggests there's something else going wrong with your specific computer. If you can figure out what that is, you might have better luck with the earlier FS products.

This isn't true. FSX never stopped working on my rig when I went from Windows 7 to 10. I even re-installed it a few times after wiping the whole system, and never had an issue. In fact, even though I've moved entirely to p3d, FSX is still on the system and still works.

I know you ended up getting it working, but I'm mentioning this because it suggests there's something else going wrong with your specific computer. If you can figure out what that is, you might have better luck with the earlier FS products.

As is the OPs' statement, yours is not true either...…..

Whilst FSX may have not stopped working on your rig when you upgraded, it did for others. Likewise, many others have experienced problems when carrying out initial installs or re-installs.

As the OP has stated, he was able to find solutions via various forums etc. These solutions are, obviously, there in the first place because someone had the problem and sought help to rectify it. There are a number of such threads on this very forum about the problems that users have had getting FSX to run under Win 10. A small number of users have reported that they have been unable to get their chosen sim to work under Win 10 even when using the information available.

As for the problem that Frank (the OP) has with earlier FS products - that is down to a well known problem that affects not only Win 10 but also Win 7, 8 and Vista. I have provided him with the necessary info regarding a workaround via a PM and await his reply to see if the problem has been resolved.

Regards

Brian

Archived