Scenery not showing help!

heyfellow

Hello. I am a noobie and have recently both bought fsx and registered in this website. I need to add some scenery as the default scenery looks ugly. I am adding them in this directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery

But when I enter fsx and try to load them nothing appears. I need help :/Capture.JPGCapture.JPGCapture.JPG

Hello. I am a noobie and have recently both bought fsx and registered in this website. I need to add some scenery as the default scenery looks ugly. I am adding them in this directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery

But when I enter fsx and try to load them nothing appears. I need help :/[ATTACH=CONFIG]205395[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]205395[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]205395[/ATTACH]

You don't mention adding the new scenery to the scenery menu `in sim`. Did you?

You don't mention adding the new scenery to the scenery menu `in sim`. Did you?

DFid you actually mean the Scenery Library? Not necessary if the .bgls were added to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You assume addon scenery library HAS been added? Rash assumption.

I start from assuming nothing.

Rash assumption eh.....:rolleyes:

As the area in question is a DEFAULT FSX/FSX-SE area it will have been automatically activated when FSX/FSX-SE was first run after install as the initial scenery.cfg file is built...…..

Only if the OP has made any changes to the settings and unticked or removed the area would it need reactivating...….

@ heyfellow….

Do the following:

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery and make sure that the .bgl files are there...…

If the files are present remove ONE of them (place it somewhere outside of FSX) and then go to step 2.

If the files are missing re-add to the folder and then go to step 2.

2. Start FSX - pay close attention as it loads. An info window should open - this window will have a progress bar and will state that it is adding scenery/rebuilding the scenery database BUT it may only appear briefly. If you see the window go to step 4. If you miss the window go to step 3.

3. Navigate to the FSX Settings page and then click on the Scenery Library button located at the bottom of the right hand list of buttons. A new window will open displaying a list of your installed scenery folders.

3A. Scroll down the list until you find an entry called Addon Scenery - make sure that the box located to the left of the entry has a tick in it - if no tick click on the box to add one. Click OK and you should see the info window described in step 2.

3B. If NO Addon Scenery entry is present you will need to add it - click on the Add Area button located in the right hand list of buttons. A navigation window will open. Navigate to the Addon Scenery folder location until you have the Scenery and Texture subfolders showing in the viewing pane. Click anywhere on the white area and then click OK. This will add the Addon Scenery at the top of the list. Click OK and you should see the info window described in step 2.

4. Create a free flight starting at one of the new airports and report back.

Regards

Brian

? (assuming it was freeware scenery) Which site did you download this airport scenery. And what was the filename of the download. (xxxxx.zip)

? Not sure what you mean with "the scenery doesn't show up".

Do you mean when selecting the airport to depart from in the "select current location" menu when setting up your flight?

Because, In fsx when you select the airport to depart from, there are two boxes. (bottom right) One is called "search default scenery" and the other is "search addon scenery".

You should select "search default scenery". Strange perhaps but addon airports do not show up in the "search addon scenery" box. They are listed as "default scenery", and show up instead of the original airport.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@longbreak I followed all your steps and the progress bar did show up. But still the addons arent loading.

Where did you download these scenery from? What are the file names or links?

Never mind, I'm hunting them down!

For Albuquerque the file name is fsx_kabq_V2_ade_rs.zip in the file Library.

You only added the cross-wind runway and not The KABQ_ADE_OBJ.BGL is the scenery objects file and should always be used with either KABQ_RS.BGL file. No wonder the scenery doesn't show! That is unless you failed to show us a screenshot of that file in the Scenery/Global/scenery folder.

Now to investigate LMML.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived