Saitek instrument panel not working

kryten99

Hi,

I have just bought a Saitek instrument panel. I downloaded the driver from the Logitech website and installed it. The manual does not mention a plug-in but I understand that it is needed and so downloaded and installed it anyway. When I installed them neither gave me the option of where to install it. The panel screen scrolls through adverts for other Saitek products but I cannot get it to display a gauge. The manual says that when I next run FSX I should get a message asking me to allow the software but this does not happen. The panel is connected via a USB 2.0 port directly to the PC. It would be useful to know if the plug-in is needed. If so, does it matter which is installed first, the driver or plug-in and where the files should be installed to? I'm using Windows 7. Thanks for any help.

Phil.

I don't have this product. But since it is Saitek Panel why would I download a Logitech Driver for it and expect it to work? Don't make sense. Go Saitek website and look for a driver there. Right? Right!

If I did buy this panel I would expect that it might require I own the Saitek Yoke and that it would plug to the Yoke USB in order for it to work. I could be wrong. They don't tell you everything do they? You may have to buy the $299.99 Saitek Yoke to make it work? It wouldn't surprise me. They sell you the product but they really don't care if you can't make it work.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: I just downloaded the Saitek Instrument Panel PDF (1.934 Mb). It say you can plug to yoke hub or to PC USB. It say to make sure the Panel should NOT be plugged in until you install the software. Run the software and when prompted plug the Panel into USB plug. First time FSX runs you will be asked if the Saitek software can be trusted, and then if you want to run it. That's it.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As regards the driver, I went to the Saitek website and selected driver for the instrument panel. This took me to the Logitech website where the drivers are downloaded from. The site had pictures of the Saitek panel and so confirmed that they were correct. I know it sounds strange. Try this yourself, It would only take a few seconds.

When I installed the driver I did not connect the module to the PC until directed to by the software. The first time I ran FSX I was NOT prompted to confirm that the software could be trusted. FSX loaded as normal. I'd just like to know where the software should be located. I did hear of a problem someone had. He installed FSX into its own folder (as I have) and not the default one. The software he installed did not realise this and caused a problem. I just want to make sure that this is not similar.

Phil

Hi,

Thanks for the information Top Gun. I'll look into SPAD. Do you know whether the Saitek/Logitech plug-in is needed and, if so, does it matter whether the driver or plug-in is installed first? Also, do you know where the installed files should be installed to? FSX does not seem to be aware of the driver.

Phil.

Drill down to the installation folder for the plugin.

It should be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\FSX Plugin

Right click on the executable and check properties. Make sure it is not, repeat not, configured to run as Administrator. If you are not running FS as administrator, then FS will not be able to start the plugin with administrative privileges.

Hi,

Do you know whether the Saitek/Logitech plug-in is needed and, if so, does it matter whether the driver or plug-in is installed first? Also, do you know where the installed files should be installed to? FSX does not seem to be aware of the driver.

Phil.

I would install the driver first. The plugin IS required because it contains the actual gauges and the hook to FSX. The default location for the Logitech/Saitek installation folder is fine.

ddawson has given the best explanation for why the Logitech driver doesn't just work I've seen...

Drill down to the installation folder for the plugin.

It should be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\FSX Plugin

Right click on the executable and check properties. Make sure it is not, repeat not, configured to run as Administrator. If you are not running FS as administrator, then FS will not be able to start the plugin with administrative privileges.

I use the old Saitek (latest) drivers myself, which I've saved from before Logitech bought Saitek out.

BIP (DISCONTINUED) - Pro_Flight_BIP_7_0_47_1_x64_Software.exe (Driver AND Programming software)

FIP - Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers.exe (Driver)

Plugin FSX - Pro_Flight_FSX_Plugin_7_0_50_1_x64_Software.exe (Gauges and FSX hook)

Panels - Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe (v7.0.39.0 Multi/Radio/Switch)

Here is a link I found for all the older drivers...

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/

They look genuine Saitek, however run a virus check on them though to be safe. I would get what you want before the link disappears forever! Keep them if the Logitechs don't work out.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

After you install the software and have your panel connected via USB (but before you install the 'plug-in') be sure to re-boot your PC. Then Install the 'plug-in' and again re-boot your PC. When you then run FSX the 'prompt' to approve the software as 'trusted' and then the prompt 'ok to run' the software (every time FSX starts) will show. And I guess I was right about getting the Saitek (and not the Logitech) drivers. Live and learn. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi,

Thanks to all who took the time to reply with helpful suggestions. I appreciate it. I tried using the old Saitek driver suggested by Dogdish and it worked perfectly first time. It' a pity that the latest driver from Logitech is such a pain. Thanks again. I can get back to flying now.

Phil

Glad it worked out for you. I had the Saitek drivers installed and wanted to try out the Logitechs a while ago. I got the same thing you did so went back to the Saiteks.

Would be nice if the Logitech Readme would tell you how to actually get the driver working.

Those FIP's are like potato chips, you will want more then one. I could not stop until I bought 14! (8 original Saiteks and 6 Mad Catz) Saitek > Mad Catz > Logitech

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Archived