No Print Screen

hippicorn

:mad: Using Print Screen, and then pasting into Photoshop (or Paint), I only have something like a 2% success rate. What i usually get is either a shot of the screen underneath FS9 or the screen I change to, such as Photoshop itself. I have also tried a couple of free screen capture programs, but end up with the same thing. I realise this a problem of my PC (Win 10), but can anyone suggest a different method?

The 'hitch' (Windows, not FS9 or PS, related) is that the OP has 2 windows open: FS9 and PhotoShop (side by side or otherwise). He needs to click on the FS9 window (anywhere) to make it the 'ACTIVE' window, so that THAT is what will be Print Screened. Otherwise he will get screenshots of the Photo Shop 'window'. Hope this helps.

Myself I use IrFanview. I do 'PrntScrn', minimize Sim, go double click IrFanview Icon and then paste, crop, resize, color correct and either 'Save As' or just minimize the screenshot and go do another 'PrntScrn', double click IrFanview and then paste, crop (drag mouse), resize ('Image' tab), color correct ('Image' tab) and minimize THAT.

Here is the sweet part: you can have 40 scrnshots (pasted into IrFanview) all minimized and then when done flying, go do 'Save As' (Explorer will locate your prefered folder) and type in a name for each. When done you will have '40-11' screen shots to post. Use My Head (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Try using Martin Wright's Multigrab program--it is the best of all, takes screenshots from fs and videos, stores them in a folder called Grabs.

Get it here:

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/

and make sure you install his dll's first--otherwise it won't work: here:

Latest version of the mwgfx DLL package

at left side.

You press printscreen and you have a screenshot. You can also name your grabs in the setup tab--for example you can name them as B-26 if you are taking screenshots of a B-26. Works with all MS sims, you tube, movies and everything under the sun--including what you see on your screen, like desktop, opened folders, all. I have never used anything else...

Nick,

Athens, Greece.

Ahhhh. Another Martin Wright program. I use Multi Print program for years and LOVE it. Thanks for the heads up. The site has been remodeled. I haven't been to his site in years. Super find. Will definitely download and install the Grab program. I play 9 ball and make videos. With Grab I can grab 10 screenshots ('burst') of a spectacular shot and print it out on Multi Print. Amazing little progs Martin has given us. Don't forget to donate.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thank you all for your comments. Yes, I did click on the sky before hitting print screen and no, it didnt make any difference. However - what did make a difference was changing the fs resolution to the same as the desktop resolution and now print screen works every time . . .

Archived